🐈 Community
5158b9a8

Etiquette to other applicants after accepting one?

I just posted a job and got 15 applications from many very well qualified people. I chose one and we're going ahead. Is it considered good etiquette to reply to all the others? I know many large companies don't even do this, but is there an expected etiquette here?

4 REPLIES 4
katrinabeaver

Most clients don't have the time to reply to every single freelancer.  So the best thing you can do is close your job after you have hired someone that way the other freelancers know you have found someone and they're not sitting around and waiting for you to answer.  Another option is to decline each application with "Choose another Freelancer" option.  It's very commendable that you would take the time to ask.  

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
david_gregory

@Steve Y wrote:

I just posted a job and got 15 applications from many very well qualified people. I chose one and we're going ahead. Is it considered good etiquette to reply to all the others? I know many large companies don't even do this, but is there an expected etiquette here?

I don't expect clients to reply to every applicant but if you interview a number of people for the job, then I think you should let them know you've gone with someone else.

lysis10

I don't expect a reply but I had a couple people tell me "hey man you were on the shortlist... we didn't go with you cuz cost." It's always cost for me. lol  But I appreciate the note.

Steve, there is no need ... but courtesy, politeness and kindness is always appreciated and remembered. Thumbs up to you for even thinking about it.

Learning Paths