🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Extend/Change Milestone Due Date
Page options
c7ae350f
Community Member

Extend/Change Milestone Due Date

I set a milestone due date on Labor Day, by mistake, and would like to change the due date? How do I do that?

11 REPLIES 11
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Thelma,

If the milestone hasn't been funded yet, then you can edit it by clicking the pencil icon next to it. If the milestone has already been funded, you won't be able to edit the due date. Note, however, that it's not going to affect anybody's stats or trigger any automatic payments on the set due date. Just make sure you and your freelancer have discussed it and are both aware of the correct due date.

~ Valeria
Upwork

I think the dashboard has changed and I can't find where to edit the due date of a contract that is in progress but not yet paid.

Hello Christina,

I just checked your account and I can see that the milestone in your fixed price contract has already been funded. Unfortunately, you can no longer edit/change the due date. However, your freelancer can still submit the work even though he did not meet the due date. Thank you!

Untitled

Hello Valerya, 

I am facing the same issue, I already funded the job but the due date was too early. I do no want it to affect my freelancer profile. He is working well but communication with different hours made it longer... 

Can you please confirm? There are no way to edit the due date or just removed a due date?

Hi there,

If the milestone has already been funded, you won't be able to edit the due date. However, that date will not have any effect on your contract or the freelancer's profile. It's solely there for your reference and if you and your freelancers discussed it and agreed on a new due date, everything should be alright.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hello Valeria. I'm not completely sure that it does not affect the profile of the freelance. My Job Success fluctuates between 100% and 85% despite having completed all my work successfully and with the highest rate by my clients. But when projects get longer, which is quite often, my Job Success goes down, and I can´t do anything to remedy it. It is quite frustrating because the projects are extended by the needs of the clients, not because they are not well cared for. Fortunately, it seems that when you complete the projects your Job Success goes up again.

This seems true. I felt it too. I was at 98% and down to 95% but all my recent works are 5 star. Only that 2 or 3 works passed due date. The reason was the nature of work and change of requirement from the Client. So, please correct this in my profile and check in general too. thanks. 

Hi M S,

The due date does not have any effect on your profile or your JSS. It is for you and your client's reference. FOr more information about your JSS calculation, please check this help article

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Valeria

I have funded the second milestone, but the freelancer is not able to finsih the job.

How can I cancel and have the money refunded from escrow to my personal account?

70d76718
Community Member

i want to know what will happen if i pass throught due date on milestone thank you 

Hi Nobi,

The due date set on a milestone is for your and your client's reference, it does not have any effect on your profile or your JSS. If you're concerned about not being able to meet a due date, you might want to communicate with your client regarding this.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths