🐈
» Forums » Clients » Extend the escrow date as the work is not yet...
Page options
teammaksa
Community Member

Extend the escrow date as the work is not yet done by the programmer

I have funded the funds in escrow and the programmer has not yet done the work. 

The escrow will automatically realize the fund.

So How shall I keep that fund on hold till the programmer submits the final decided work? 

2 REPLIES 2
NikolaS

Hi Mayur,

Escrow is a neutral holding place where we put money aside until the project, or piece of the project, is done. The funds stay there until your freelancer fulfils their obligations and you say you are satisfied those obligations are met and release them. Please note that after freelancer sends you a payment request you have 14 days to accept the request or demand some changes. You can find more information in this help article

~ Nikola
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Mayur S wrote:

I have funded the funds in escrow and the programmer has not yet done the work. 

The escrow will automatically realize the fund.

So How shall I keep that fund on hold till the programmer submits the final decided work? 

Your question is unclear, and there are two possible scenarios:

1. The funds in Escrow have been there for approaching 90 days. When it gets to 90 days the contract is closed automatically and the funds returned to the payment method they came from. 

The solution: Release $ 1.00 from the escrow funds and set up a second milestone with the rest, that gives you another 90 days.

OR

2. The freelancer requested payment. If you don't do anything, the funds are released to the freelancer after 14 days.

The solution: Click on "Request chnges" which stops the countdown to the auto-release of funds.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths