🐈
» Forums » Clients » FAIR WARNING: SCAMMED from *
Page options
abcf3bb6
Community Member

FAIR WARNING: SCAMMED from *

FAIR WARNING:
This POS, took conversations off this site (my fault), told me would take 2 weeks, 5 weeks later nada and I already sent him half the agreed price, after the 5th week and 20 broken promises of having something, I decided to do a dispute on my PayPal, he then reached out and said he has something for me but I can only have it if I cancelled my dispute, told him show me what you have 1st and I would, he refused and threaten to close his PayPal account...

THIS IS SOMEONE YOU DONT WANNA WORK WITH!

3 REPLIES 3
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi George,

I'm sorry to hear about what happened. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

George S wrote:

This POS, took conversations off this site (my fault),

Sounds like you also took payment off the site...

George, do you have any questions at this point?

It sounds like you already realize you made a lot of mistakes, and you have come to regret those mistakes. Your post indicates that you are angry - mainly at yourself.

Nobody is born automatically knowing how to use Upwork effectively as a client. It requires study and/or practice. Feel free to use Upwork's Help documents as well as the Community Forum to learn more about how to hire and manage freelancers effectively. My main piece of advice would be for you to always put yourself and your project first while using Upwork as a client. Don't elevate the importance of any freelancer, particularly an undeserving one.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths