🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: FAKE FEEDBACKS - Freelancer Can Remove Th...
Page options
7bd0d548
Community Member

FAKE FEEDBACKS - Freelancer Can Remove Their Bad Review as They Wish

If you're a client, you must read this!.

This platform is becoming sketchier every day as it's easier for crooks to waste your time. Because the freelancers can remove their bad feedback anyhow they wish yet upwork is supporting those. There so many crooks in this platform that may perform these activities :

- Hacking your account, hence release the funded milestone as they wish

- Faking their profile, lied about their skills set

- Auto clickers on your hourly rate

- Deleting your works and hacking into your server !

- So much more such crook activities !

Now what's worst is that these guys can waste your time and surely bad for your business !. Now you may thinks that these are normal in internet, but problem here is, upwork are supporting these guys by letting them stay on this platform and empowering them to REMOVE THEIR BAD FEEDBACK REVIEWS !.

Heres one real example what happened (happened to me dozen of times) :

A freelancer lied on their profile, whom does not has any bad feebdack but so many good feedbacks and skills mentioned in their profile was offering their service in a very tantalizing price. Of corse for any client it's very tempting, so after you hired them and give them an easy work on the first milestone hence they succeeded but as you increase the challenge in the next milestone they failed to make it work.

After they know that, they will get anggry toward you and calls you a scammer because surely he won't receives the funded milestone which defenitely can not be released. So they ended the contract, of corse they will give you bad feedback and you will to give the same to them right ?!. 

Their bad feeback against the client's hence are biased due to the emotional negative state in their head that they have spent time for you but failed, but surely it's because their lack of skills. So how is it the client's fault ?! How about the client's time wasted over them also ?!. They don't care !.

Well if your a client, you might think that's ok, afterall there are so many freelancers out there looking for cash hence you have a more bargaining power against these guys since it's easy to find their replacement. But the real problem here is, these guys start sending you DDOS attacks against your server and/or destroying the work he did for the first milestone and some other malicious activities mentioned above. BUT, what made it worst, upwork supports these guys !.

How do upwork support these guys ? :

1. You provide as many evidence to upwork, they won't listen as I have provided all the evidence that upwork needed here's are some examples : https://prnt.sc/C6ai3BH7gzaD, **Edited for Community Guidelines**. Then upwork won't remove these guys off the platform !

2. Your bad feedback against them can be easily removed heres some ways that I know, he just refund all the money you've paid to him, then boom, the bad feedback against him all gone hence so much of your time been wasted. Now imagine that all the freelancers whom are getting good feedbacks over easy works that they all can do these things!. So almost all feedbacks herein are fake.

3. The freelancers can just get as many easy quick jobs as possible for 5 stars, then once they get hard ones hence get bad feedback, then they can perform and do what happened in point 2 above. 

4. These kind of guys are still up high on the invite search engines **Edited for Community Guidelines** !

5. There are so many freelancers in this community, either they are paid to rip you off or lie on the comments below and/or just do anything against your posting. Afterall they get money of this platform, they'll do anything for that. There are more active user freelancers here compared to clients. So you will see most of the comments below of these post will be freelancers, not clients. So most likely they will too support these crooked up freelancers because it's a great opportunity for them to do the same against clients. You will see more comments below this post that may disagree against my postings. That's how it's always been played over so many such postings from clients. Above all, because of that, upwork may not consider this posting as important because not so many people are supporting it because clients won't spend time to be active or read in the community's postings.

6. Upwork may remove some of the contents that I've written down here as they wish to !.

7. Clients by any chance, can not remove their negative feedbacks !. While on the other hand, there's an user interface feature to remove negative feedbacks on most many freelancers !, can you believe it ?!.

Now after all those points, you all see how crooked up this platform is and how upwork supports these guys right ?!,

so beware !, the freelancers knows how valuable their feedbacks are but because upwork let these down, so their feedback are biased and fake !. 

I really wish there would be more such freelancing platform such as **Edited for Community Guidelines**, but unfortunately, here's where the upwork management are smart. They support these crooked up freelancers because then more and more freelancers are coming in here hence will be easier for clients to find freelancers. But then it would be harder for a client to find a freelancer in another site such as freelancer.com due to the fact that, you will hardly finds any freelancers there because they all moved in here !. Afterall, seems upwork plan is to goes beyond to monopolize the industry.

So as a client whom has hired so many of these freelancers I keep getting so many bad feedbacks due to the freelancer's own lack of skills and/or mistakes. Upwork may not care enough, because they knows it's easy for clients to find freelancers since there are so many of them, well that may sounds fine, but at least it's not fine to let those crooked up freelancers to remove their bad feedbacks.

DON'T BE DECEIVED over their good reviews, because they are all considerably bias, unvalid, unreliable AND fake !. 

Now, I want to know, is there even a single legit good thing that upwork will do to save their clients such as me from these kinds of people ?!

Let me guess, they will say, sorry it's a secret we won't tell you how to make you feels more secure to safe you. Lol ?

14 REPLIES 14
williamtcooper
Community Member

Hey Ely, in my experience after 320 Jobs, it is impossible to do many of the listed items above as a freelancer unless you have given them access to your account which is against Upwork's terms. Use a Talent search and Invite Freelancers that have both great Reviews, large revenues of $100k or larger, and have been using the site for several years. It's impossible to fake those stats. Have a great day!

No I did not give them access. Beside, we're not talking about just one freelancer. I said THEY, means many freelancers are crooked up here yet they are getting away with their behaviour hence even worst because upwork supports these guys...

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

No.

There is no Upwork logo next to his photo and name.

So he is not an Upwork employee or representative.

And he is not paid to "make positive comments here."

Official Forum Moderators and Upwork employees are identified with an upwork logo.

Everybody else who participates in the Community Forum is a regular Upwork user (freelancer, client, or both). That's most people here. Upwork freelancers and clients are not paid to participate in the Forum. Not rewarded in any way.

As a client, I have hired over 180 freelancers on Upwork.

Much of your conjectdure is incorrect, but you are correct in your understanding that Upwork is not perfect. Fortunately, Upwork is heavily client-centric. As it should be. Upwork clients have essentially unlimited freedom to fire and hire freelancers at will.

You seem to be focused on feedback and profiles. I don't focus on those things at all.

I place very little emphasis on evaluating freelancers before hiring. I believe it is more effective to evaluate freelancers AFTER hiring them. Then use your freedom as a client continue working with the freelancers who provide you with the most value, and fire the rest.

One of the most important principles that an Upwork client can learn is to never ask for Upwork's help in managing freelancers and projects. Upwork definitely won't manage projects and freelancers for me. The tools that I need as a client are at my fingertips.

Preston H wrote:

No.

There is no Upwork logo next to his photo and name.

So he is not an Upwork employee or representative.

And he is not paid to "make positive comments here."

Upwork freelancers and clients are not paid to participate in the Forum. Not rewarded in any way.

There are so many freelancers in this community, either they are paid to rip you off or lie on the comments below and/or just do anything against your posting. Afterall they get money of this platform, they'll do anything for that.

-> I guess you guys are the one clasified as the "just do anything against my posting. Afterall they get money of this platform, they'll do anything for that."

Preston H wrote:

You seem to be focused on feedback and profiles. I don't focus on those things at all.

I place very little emphasis on evaluating freelancers before hiring. I believe it is more effective to evaluate freelancers AFTER hiring them. Then use your freedom as a client continue working with the freelancers who provide you with the most value, and fire the rest.

-> How do you evaluate them exactly to determine that they won't perform any malicious activities I've risen for you ?

I am pretty sure by looking up to feedback, profiles and interview answers is the most legit way herein.

Preston H wrote:

One of the most important principles that an Upwork client can learn is to never ask for Upwork's help in managing freelancers and projects. Upwork definitely won't manage projects and freelancers for me. The tools that I need as a client are at my fingertips.

We're talking about how upwork managing the platform, SOP, policies, and etc. Was not really asking manage the freelancers...

melaniekhenson
Community Member

Freelancers can't remove feedback any time they wish. They need to be Top Rated first, then they can remove *one* negative feedback each 3 months/10 *completed* jobs. In addition, you will see "Feedback Removed" on their profile, so you will know it happened.

Melanie H wrote:

Freelancers can't remove feedback any time they wish. They need to be Top Rated first, then they can remove *one* negative feedback each 3 months/10 *completed* jobs. In addition, you will see "Feedback Removed" on their profile, so you will know it happened.

Just simply refund all your released money in the contract, hence your feedback will be removed. Most freelancers would do that, because they know how much valuable the feedbacks are compared to the money paid to him. Feedbacks for them is a lifetime while money still can be sought.

Alos I never seen  any "Feedback Removed" on their profile or on any other freelancers ever before.

Ely B wrote:

Just simply refund all your released money in the contract, hence your feedback will be removed

That only removes public feedback (which is still worth a lot on the public side), but does not remove the private feedback - although it will reduce the impact on their JSS, because of the earnings weight.

Ely B wrote:

Alos I never seen  any "Feedback Removed" on their profile or on any other freelancers ever before.

I did a quick search in the physical engineering/prototyping space. This was the second freelancer that I looked at (not second in the search ranking). 90% JSS, not presently Top Rated.

25005175_0-1674297847452.png

ETA: clarify that the FL above was Top Rated at some point, but their JSS dipped below 90% for at least a few weeks recently, causing them to lose the status.

"Just simply refund all your released money in the contract, hence your feedback will be removed. Most freelancers would do that, because they know how much valuable the feedbacks are compared to the money paid to him."

That is such utter nonsense - people come here to make money, not to collect shiny badges or to become Top Rated. I wouldn't dream of returning earnings to get rid of the public part of the client feedback, as that wouldn't remove the negative impact on the JSS anyway.

I wasn't aware they could remove feedbacks as often as 4 times a year.  Thats crazy and not something I'm happy about.  We've struggled with freelancers lying about their qualifications costing us time/money.  We've also had some great ones but it seems that everyone is rated 5 stars regardless if they are good or bad.

re: "We've struggled with freelancers lying about their qualifications costing us time/money."

Don't focus on hiring the right freelancers.

Focus on firing the wrong freelancers.

There is no way to know how a freelancer will work out for your project before hiring them. I don't spend much time worry about that.

I hire multiple freelancers for nearly every job.

Then I evaluate their work.

I don't assume ANY freelancer will be a good fit. I need to see how their work is after they have been hired.

I recommend all clients carefully evaluate a freelancer's work, especially early on aftering hiring them. Then continue working only with the freelancers who provide the the most value to the project. And fire the rest.

Community Member

Hi Ely,

Its not quite right at all and freelancers can't remove feedback as they wish. You shouldn't bad mouth millions on account of one bad egg you encountered. Doing that is very unfair.

You should share access to accounts which you need to give access, not just give credentials. Most platforms support this feature and access shouldn't include your Upwork account. You can also enable 2 factor authorization on your accounts including Upwork for added security.

Nabeel A wrote:

Hi Ely,

Its not quite right at all and freelancers can't remove feedback as they wish. You shouldn't bad mouth millions on account of one bad egg you encountered. Doing that is very unfair.

You should share access to accounts which you need to give access, not just give credentials. Most platforms support this feature and access shouldn't include your Upwork account. You can also enable 2 factor authorization on your accounts including Upwork for added security.

Wrong, Like i said, please scroll up and read again. I was talking about dozens of these guys, eventhough I can still find good ones, but these day it somehow seems became like 1 good out of 9 bad ones.

Like I said, I do not share access !. As I can see, you are one of those many freelancers whom are too lazy to read. I've seen so many such of you people. So why you bother to participate in this forum if you're too lazy anyway. How can you expect people to read your postings while you won't even read theirs ?

Dear Ely!

I am a lazy person and thats the only thing you said, was true.

Some helpful points and explanations for you

1. Account access tips were for saving yourself from account hacks you mentioned. Other than that, plz educate yourself on how accounts get hacked before you start blaming everyone.

2. You talked about inviduals and multiple persons so its really hard to get what you meant from all that chaos.

3. Plz educate yourself on general Upwork ToS, rules and feedback removal policies.

4. As with all unfounded allegations, proofs are needed. So if you think Upwork is behind all of this as you mentioned multiple times, show some evidence.

5. Plz educate yourself on DDoS attacks and how they are sent.

6. Most importanly, if a person is constantly getting bad feedbacks from others, perhaps that person should take a look inwards instead of blaming everyone else and the platform.

In the end, without seeing history, proof or some other evidence, I can't really sympathize with you. For all I know, you may be one of those 5$ slave drivers who want everything from hard coded website to write multiple blog posts in 5$, then act like they have done some kind of huge chartity or favor. You may or may not be that person but I don't know. Point is bad eggs are on both sides and you shouldn't start blaming everyone without any evidence.

Have a good and a warm day!

timefighter11
Community Member

Ely, there's always an indicator on freelancer's profile that a feedback has been removed. There is no Upwork without a client, or a freelancer. So supporting freelancers with a limited and conditional option of removing feedback is not a big deal. Though I never removed any of my feedback when I was TOP RATED (later badge removed because of inactivity for almost a year), one client rated me negatively for an unfair reason. It would be a great help for people like us. Although you are right, bad ones are everywhere among good ones. 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths