🐈
» Forums » Clients » FEES CHARGED FOR PLACING AND HIRING
Page options
716dbaf1
Community Member

FEES CHARGED FOR PLACING AND HIRING

Except for the government of Canada, PayPal and WordPress this is the worst customer service I have encountered in the last while.  

I found the initial website/process well done.  There was NO MENTION OF A FEE payable by me  in order to hire the freelancer.  It would have been great to honestly and simply list what the fee is.

I assumed the freelancer would pay the fee because there was nothing mentioned.

When I hired, the person and went to pay and gave my credit card I am NOW TOLD THERE WILL BE A 3% PROCESSING FEE.  Ok I get it but it would have been nice to now this UP FRONT.

Then after I give the credit card number I am forced to "set up an account" and pay $50 or whatever a month.  I want to cancel my account but get nothing but bots and computers and BS.

I DO NOT WANT AN ACCOUNT.  I DO NOT WANT TO PAY $50 PER MONTH OR WHATEVER when this was a one time hire for a not for profit organization.  

The actual process of advertising/exchange with freelancers is excellent and I would use it again (knowing there is a 3% fee) but I do NOT want an account.

HOW CAN I CANCEL MY ACCOUNT SO I DO NOT HAVE TO PAY $50 PER MONTH??

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Claus:

For what it's worth:

The various client memberships offer specific features that I'm sure many clients value and appreciate.

But personally, I have hired over 100 freelancers on Upwork, including many after the introduction of new membership tiers and paid client membership accounts...

And I have been able to hire great freelancers and get my projects done using only the free client membership tier.

For people whose hiring demands are more demanding than mine, I recommend they look into paid tiers. But I do not think the paid tiers are at all necessary for most clients.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Claus J wrote:

HOW CAN I CANCEL MY ACCOUNT SO I DO NOT HAVE TO PAY $50 PER MONTH??

You can choose a free client account and do NOT have to pay any monthly fee at all, just what you pay your  freelancers and the 3% payment processing fee. Find out more about the different account types

upwork-membership1-1024x487

716dbaf1
Community Member

Thanks,

I was trying to find this on my “account” and out of frustration I clicked on “Membership” and within “membership” is where / how where to change the plan.

Go figure.

Now fixed. Thanks for nudge

Claus:

For what it's worth:

The various client memberships offer specific features that I'm sure many clients value and appreciate.

But personally, I have hired over 100 freelancers on Upwork, including many after the introduction of new membership tiers and paid client membership accounts...

And I have been able to hire great freelancers and get my projects done using only the free client membership tier.

For people whose hiring demands are more demanding than mine, I recommend they look into paid tiers. But I do not think the paid tiers are at all necessary for most clients.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths