cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRAUDULENT ACTIVITY // DISPUTE // ARBITRATION

becb05fe
Selina B Member Since: Nov 3, 2017
1 of 4

Hi - I would like to know how I can go about getting my money from Escrow.

I hired a freelancer to create two apps for me - I place the full amount for the job in Escrow.

I complained about the poor work, he then place the contract in dispute - I know he did this on purpose.

In the dispute I refused to pay him the full amount, I offered him a smaller sum as he didnn't not complete either of the projects. However he wanted the full amount even though the project was not complete.

He has paid for Arbitration ...If I enter arbitration and win, I will still end up losing nearlt all my money.

How do I stop this?

Prior to starting the project, I got him to sign a contract which basically states I have the power to end the contract at any time and get my money. Is that any grounds to stop this abritation.

I am really not happy, I should be able to get my money back if I am not happy with the service.

Please help me.

katrinabeaver
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
2 of 4

If the freelancer has indeed initiated the arbitration and paid the $291 fee, you will have to pay the fee or the freelancer will win the dispute by default and funds will go to the freelancers. It would be a lot better if you can come to a mutual agreement. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
3 of 4

The first thing the arbiter will ask is for you to upload any separate agreements or contracts, so it could be that you have an easy argument, but you still have to pay and no you don't get the fee back.

stefan-c
Community Guru
Stefan C Member Since: Nov 1, 2011
4 of 4

@Selina B wrote:

Hi - I would like to know how I can go about getting my money from Escrow.

I hired a freelancer to create two apps for me - I place the full amount for the job in Escrow.

I complained about the poor work, he then place the contract in dispute - I know he did this on purpose.

In the dispute I refused to pay him the full amount, I offered him a smaller sum as he didnn't not complete either of the projects. However he wanted the full amount even though the project was not complete.

He has paid for Arbitration ...If I enter arbitration and win, I will still end up losing nearlt all my money.

How do I stop this?

Prior to starting the project, I got him to sign a contract which basically states I have the power to end the contract at any time and get my money. Is that any grounds to stop this abritation.

I am really not happy, I should be able to get my money back if I am not happy with the service.

Please help me.

What was the project total, if you don’t mind me asking?

Considering the $291 arbitration fee counts as “nearly all of your money” (as in the total project budget), I assume the total must of been around $400?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS