cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FREELANCER BLOCK ME AFTER JOB COMPLETED

Doron F Member Since: Feb 6, 2017
1 of 15

after the job was completed i realized that the logo that the freelancer **Edited for Community Guidelines** was not in the correct file

because she blocked me after begging me to give her positive feedback eventhou the work was below average do to lack of the english language.

i have no way to communicate with her to send me the missing file?

what can i do?

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 15
Hire someone else. Why do you want to communicate with someone who is both incompetent and squirrelly?
3 of 15

you right

but she still holding a file of the logo that ive already paid her

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 15

Hi Doron,

We'll have the team review freelancer's communication and see if she's violated our feedback policies.

In the future, make sure you release the payment and close the contract only once you've received the final product from the freelancer and reviewed it.

~ Valeria
Untitled
5 of 15

THANK YOU VALERIA

of course i try to get the job completed before i  close it but i forgot to ask for the logo in PDF format (only got a jpg) which again the freelancer should know that only one format isnt enuogh.

but again she begged for positive feedback and even thou she did not do a great job like i was expected (her english is not fluent as she wrote on her profile) and i had to repeat over and over my instruction and she just didnt get it

it was very difficult to make a point across

but again i had mixed feeling about her because i didnt wont to give her negative feedback and damage her profile and on the other hand i didnt want ot mislead other future clients

she send me a message that she giving a good feedback to me (not that i cared) and she lied and wrote the opposite and blame me for not clear instructions like she did with other client in the past (from reading past feedbacks)

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
6 of 15

@Doron F wrote:

i forgot to ask for the logo in PDF format (only got a jpg) which again the freelancer should know that only one format isnt enuogh.

That's your mistake. If the job description did not state the logo must be provided in PDF format, and you never instructed the freelancer to provide PDF format before you closed the contract, then the freelancer can't be expected to create it in PDF format just in case you decide you want it that way later. She may have deleted her own copies of the logo and so may not be able to make the PDF now even if she wanted to.

7 of 15

@John K wrote:

@Doron F wrote:

i forgot to ask for the logo in PDF format (only got a jpg) which again the freelancer should know that only one format isnt enuogh.

That's your mistake. If the job description did not state the logo must be provided in PDF format, and you never instructed the freelancer to provide PDF format before you closed the contract, then the freelancer can't be expected to create it in PDF format just in case you decide you want it that way later. She may have deleted her own copies of the logo and so may not be able to make the PDF now even if she wanted to.

I'll do you one better than that! A logo should always be in a vector format, preferably AI (Adobe Illustrator), and if you can't have that at least EPS. THat way in the future, when you want your logo BIG ,say for a billboard you are not scrambling to get it remade, because a blown up jpg will look absolutely terrible.

Thus endith the lesson!

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
8 of 15

I think many lessons were learned from this sutation.

If I was the client, I would find solace in what I learned from this experience. I realize that next time I will know some of the signs of a bad freelancer. I am now better able to recognize some of the tricks that charltans might try to use to manipulate me.

I have also learned that some freelancers are simply in over their heads and it is a waste of my time to work with them.

Having learned all this, I don't even care about any files created by somebody who I now realize is dishonest and incompetent.

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
9 of 15

Gary, good point although if the jpg were of sufficiently high resolution then you could reduce it and results wouldn't be too pixellated. Also, unless a logo has a lot of colors, png is sharper than jpg although filesize might be somewhat larger. (I'm not a designer but I know a thing or 2 about graphics formats.)

I'm going to add one more observation about the client's experience. Unless a freelancer specifies Native, Bilingual, or Fluent English in her profile, a client should expect some level of communcation difficulty. If speedy English communcation is important, hire a freelancer with at least fluent English, even if that costs a bit more.

10 of 15

A freelancer who begs me for a great review, even though she knows she did a bad job on the project, is not a professional.

No matter what file formats she sends me.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS