cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FREELANCER BLOCK ME AFTER JOB COMPLETED

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
11 of 15

Anyway, the love affair is over and the case is not likely to get to the Supreme Court.

Onwards and upwards . . .

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
12 of 15

@John K wrote:

@Doron F wrote:

i forgot to ask for the logo in PDF format (only got a jpg) which again the freelancer should know that only one format isnt enuogh.

That's your mistake. If the job description did not state the logo must be provided in PDF format, and you never instructed the freelancer to provide PDF format before you closed the contract, then the freelancer can't be expected to create it in PDF format just in case you decide you want it that way later. She may have deleted her own copies of the logo and so may not be able to make the PDF now even if she wanted to.

As Gary says, logos should be vector images (raster can be worked into logos, though it depends on the logo). My clients get at least 3-4 versions of a logo for multiple uses, and they always get the original artwork file. IMHO, a client should not have to explain the format, a conscientious designer knows what software to use. This can be a problem if you're not willing to pay a decent budget for a logo. You will more than likely end up with a low-res png or jpeg file, only good for use on a website, and sometimes not even then.

I try and educate clients when they specify they want a logo for their website ... that that's all they'll get. Even if you never need it for another use, it can be difficult to revise your logo down the road without the original vector file.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
13 of 15

re: "This can be a problem if you're not willing to pay a decent budget for a logo."

The fact that the original poster hired a low-cost freelancer does not negate the fact that the freelancer was incompetent and unprofessional.

I am not really comfortable with the phrase "decent budget."

But I absolutely agree that the lower the budget, the less likely you are to encounter attract a genuinely skilled, professional freelancer.

As a client, I hire in all ranges of expertise and cost. I really do appreciate the range of freelancers available through Upwork. Sometimes I pay high rates. Sometimes I pay lower rates. But I do so knowing that there is a difference in the results that I will get.

When I hire freelancers (such as graphic artists) who work at lower rates, I do so knowing that many of them will not turn in usable work, and many of them will turn in no work at all. When the quality of a particular project is more crucial, I hire more expensive freelancers.

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
14 of 15

@Preston H wrote:

re: "This can be a problem if you're not willing to pay a decent budget for a logo."

The fact that the original poster hired a low-cost freelancer does not negate the fact that the freelancer was incompetent and unprofessional.

I am not really comfortable with the phrase "decent budget."

But I absolutely agree that the lower the budget, the less likely you are to encounter attract a genuinely skilled, professional freelancer.

As a client, I hire in all ranges of expertise and cost. I really do appreciate the range of freelancers available through Upwork. Sometimes I pay high rates. Sometimes I pay lower rates. But I do so knowing that there is a difference in the results that I will get.

When I hire freelancers (such as graphic artists) who work at lower rates, I do so knowing that many of them will not turn in usable work, and many of them will turn in no work at all. When the quality of a particular project is more crucial, I hire more expensive freelancers.

As a designer who has had to take crappy low-res logos that clients have paid $10 for, and redo them as vector files, the phrase decent budget must be stated - comfortable or not. Clients (at least most of them) do not know or understand the terminologies to use when they're looking for a logo.

I believe the onus is on the designer to make sure they understand what they should get, and why they should be willing to up their game a little bit. As far as I'm concerned, a logo is not an instance where hiring 20 different freelancers and hoping one of them comes through with a useable logo makes any sense.

Doron F Member Since: Feb 6, 2017
15 of 15

Tottaly agree with you

sometimes cheap end up expensive

i learn a lesson for the future

thanks

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS