cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fake Accounts

Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
11 of 19

In my real life I am actually Jennifer Aniston. I took to freelancing after Brad left me.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
12 of 19

Hi Rajen,

I see you already received good advice from other users, so I'll just point out that you should report freelancers who you suspect are using fake names and profile photos.

In addition to advice you received here, please visit our Hiring Headquarters to find all the information and best practice advice designed to help guide you through the hiring process on Upwork. Feel free to contact Customer Support if you need help with reviewing freelancers' proposals/profiles, and our specialized team will assist you.

Maksym Z Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
13 of 19

why do you feel the need to know freelancer real name, though? who cares if he wants you to call him Justin, just look at his work history - the important stuff.

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
14 of 19

@Maksym Z wrote:

why do you feel the need to know freelancer real name, though? who cares if he wants you to call him Justin, just look at his work history - the important stuff.

You think his work history isn't stolen? You must be new here. 

15 of 19

and by his work history I mean the jobs he did here at odesk

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
16 of 19

@Maksym Z wrote:

and by his work history I mean the jobs he did here at odesk

Obviously never seen the outcome of work done by someone stealing portfolio items. Waste of time and frustrating for a client. You think that client will come back? Prolly not. Hurts every godo provider on the site, so I say burn them with fire Upwork. 

17 of 19

can I repeat myself, as obviously you did not read the part you quoted? by his work history I mean the jobs he did here at odesk. not portfolio items. get it right.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
18 of 19

Maksym: that is fine to do on other sites.

On Upwork, we use our real names as a means if fostering a professional work environment with accountability and transparency.

Rajen G Member Since: May 31, 2016
19 of 19

its not about about the name - if the person was genuine then it is fine.

but i have done some skype interviews with people that are obviously not who or what they say they are. that goes to credibility of the person and ultimately this platform.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS