🐈
» Forums » Clients » Fake Accounts
Page options
chadyachraf
Community Member

Fake Accounts

I started to believe many  new to upwork-freelancers create multiple client accounts to get their first , second , even third  job and get reviews from their own fake client accounts , so that their accounts sound appealing to actual clients. What bothers me is that we as freelancers are wasting hundreds of proposals on fake posts where the fake client will only accept their freelancer account and get the job done ( which by the way will probably stand out their skills + fake review ) .. How is that fair?

4 REPLIES 4
JoanneP

Hi Chady,

Please know that is not allowed. If you see a job that seems suspicious, you can report it to us using the flagging option. You can read more on this help article and also, please check out Tips to avoid questionable jobs. You might also want to check out the information here to learn more about staying safe on Upwork. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
14a62cbb
Community Member

I had the exact same experience. I refuse to use this platform again after the terrible experience I had the first time.
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Casey, 

I'm sorry to learn you had an unfortunate experience on Upwork. If you would like to give it a second chance, I would recommend that you read up on these would like to share these articles to help you work safely on Upwork: 

I hope this helps!

~ Avery
Upwork

re: “I refuse to use this platform again after the terrible experience I had the first time.”

What happened?

Latest Articles
Learning Paths