cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fake Contractor Profile

Adel K Member Since: Dec 12, 2014
11 of 23

I am a platinium contractor and I found more and more fakes profile...

That cost me time and money !!

Really not happy with that Smiley Mad

Could you ask the quality marketplace team contact me ?

David C Member Since: Jul 19, 2016
12 of 23

Hello,

My identity has been stolen! The person is using my LinkedIn profile picture and name...

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

This is outrageous as my clients can find me on Google and see this garbage on your website. This affects my real business in Canada... I don't provide this rate or those services!

How come you don't have a stronger identity verification?

What should I do to ban this account?

There is nothing on your website to do so except a small "Flag" button. This is so disappointing...

David Crocq

This widget could not be displayed.
13 of 23

@David C wrote:

Hello,

My identity has been stolen! The person is using my LinkedIn profile picture and name...

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

This is outrageous as my clients can find me on Google and see this garbage on your website. This affects my real business in Canada... I don't provide this rate or those services!

How come you don't have a stronger identity verification?

What should I do to ban this account?

There is nothing on your website to do so except a small "Flag" button. This is so disappointing...

David Crocq

You can flagg the profile and/or report it to customer service. The user's time zone is definitely not Canada but somewhere in Asia. I wonder how the 2 verified certifications on his profile have been approved. 

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
14 of 23

Hi David,

I'm sorry about your frustration. I asked someone from our team to review the information you shared and reach out to you directly. 

Thank you for reporting and please let me know if I can assist you further.

15 of 23

Hi Vladimir,

What will be the next step? Will you remove this account or deindex this page from Google?

This is really important!

I'm waiting for your team to contact me.

Thanks for the follow up.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
16 of 23

Hi David,

While we will not be able to disclose our internal processes and the status of other user's profile, rest assured that actions have been taken and the profile you reported will not appear in search.

~ Valeria
Untitled
17 of 23

Hi Valeria,

I understand that but this is not a real user... This is garbage. Even if the profile does not appear in search, the profile is indexed on Google so anyone looking for me can see it and get messed up!

I don't understand that you don't verify the identity of the people posting services on your platform...

And now I talk to this person and he wants to work with me... This is really a joke!

18 of 23

Hi David,

Following our removal of the profile in question, Google will update the new information in a bit and deindex it, thus removing it from their search results. Please feel free to follow up with our team on the same ticket if you have any questions.

19 of 23

Hi David and Karol,

I can confirm our team reviewed and took action on both reported accounts about half and hour ago.

Community Guru
Marissa S Member Since: Feb 6, 2008
20 of 23

Sometimes, I wonder if these fakers are using their common sense that in a rush to copy and paste everything, they forgot to miss out a few important details that give their scam away.

OK, a few months' back -- my client was real impressed by this contractor who is claiming that he has written lots of books that made him an expert.  This contractor applied for a writing post.  So, client hired him but didn't get a response... well, in the odesk profile, there's a website link so it's automatic that my client send him a message directly to say, hey welcome to the team.

To our surprise, we've got a message from this person saying he never had an account on odesk and so--- someone was pretending to be this dude who didn't even know odesk exists.  Well, the incident was reported but gee... shady folks will do anything for $$$

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS