cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fake Contractor Profile

Karol M Member Since: Dec 17, 2015
21 of 23
Hey David,

Good luck on trying to Get upwork to delete the account, it probably won't happen. I had a bad experience with someone that left me a bad comment, he also had a fake name, profile, and picture. Even though upwork erased his negative comment, he still has an account. And even harasses me once on chat.
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
22 of 23

Hi Karol,

I'm sorry about the communication you've been having with the freelancer in question. I'll follow up with the team and address their behaviour asap. In the meantime, please block the user from sending you further messages as shown in the screenshot below.

Block.png

Community Guru
Joynul A Member Since: Jun 27, 2015
23 of 23

@Nugroho I wrote:

I have spotted some of the contractors are fake. I got a lot of application that their profile are UK/US/Canada. But if you can research their profile, you can found in the google that they are fake. 

One example is:

**edited for Community Guidelines**

Which is a counterfeit of: **edited for Community Guidelines**

She don't work at odesk. 

Also I found some of the profile picture is from random guy whos name is different. 

This thing insults me. All I want to ask to Odesk is to filter the trash out. 

As the standard goes up (minimum $3/hour) Odesk should upgrade their screening system too.

I found also some Fake profile . "Ideal clipping" is one of them . He hide profile for Public also . I think Upwork should take a right step for them ...

Joynul Abedin
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS