🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Fake Profile / Identity Fraud
Page options
ifranxion
Community Member

Fake Profile / Identity Fraud

Hey,

So I applied for a work and then the client responded to me and wanted to add me on skype. But he said his company's CTO will add me, so I said sure. But after giving my ID to him, someone add me right away and I felt a little suspicious. Later on that person was trying to tell that he will give me website job if I let him use my own upwork account and also said if I could provide him with a US upwork account. Well, I blocked the guy but I took all the screenshots of the conversation so that you guys can deal with it.

Hope all these attachments helps, thank you!

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

10 REPLIES 10
ifranxion
Community Member

Only allowed to post 4 attachments in a message, so I could not provide this one in the main post. So here it is.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

jojomo
Community Member

Flag the job post to upwork immediately.

ifranxion
Community Member

I just did, thank you!

Hi Ifran,

Please contact the Upwork support with all these screenshots. This is just an offer of cheating. Upwork never allow such acts. So please pass the info with support team so that they can ban the client and the so-called CTO ( I guess he is a freelancer) permanently and make the workplace safer.

Thanks
Sagar

Hello Sagar,

You are right about that, I just emailed the support about this situation.

Thank you

colettelewis
Community Member

@Ifran X wrote:

Hey,

So I applied for a work and then the client responded to me and wanted to add me on skype. But he said his company's CTO will add me, so I said sure. But after giving my ID to him, someone add me right away and I felt a little suspicious. Later on that person was trying to tell that he will give me website job if I let him use my own upwork account and also said if I could provide him with a US upwork account. Well, I blocked the guy but I took all the screenshots of the conversation so that you guys can deal with it.

Hope all these attachments helps, thank you!

Ifran, I have just flagged your post, because I think it will be faster if a moderator can intervene on this. Whatever you do, do not have anything more to do with this client, and do not engage in any further communication.

Hello Nichola,

Thanks for responding to this issue, yes I blocked them in skype and reported the job post as soon as I got that fraudulent offer.

nkocendova
Community Member

Hi Ifran,

Thanks for reporting this and bringing it to our attention. I see the team has all the info and screenshots. We'll review and take appropriate action as per our internal processes upon all violations of the ToS.

~Nina
273cb0bd
Community Member

i am having difficulty finding someone that is actually who they say they are.

**Edited for community guidelines**

please please flag immediately

Hi Abdulbasit,

We'd be happy to assist you with your concern. We are going to share this with our team for investigation, but we'll need more information from you. Can you please send me a PM with more information so that I can include in my report? You can PM me by clicking on my name.

Also, you can use the flagging option found on every job post and freelancer profiles. This sends Upwork an automatic notification allowing our team to investigate and take appropriate actions. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths