cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Fake profile reviews of top freelancers?

Highlighted
Shane F Member Since: Nov 20, 2015
1 of 28

I am new to upwork and since i became a registered users my upwork pages were buggy when i used IE and firefox. Now the bugs seems to be gone when using Chrome but my account was suspended because i didn't hire anyone via upwork. I couldn't really hire anyone only because my pages were buggy at the time.

I have worked with several TOP freelancers on upwork and their performances have NOT been very good or professional. Their reviews on the other hand, have described them as almost flawless professionals with great skills and talents. These perfect reviews seem so fake to me (speaking from experience). 

Eventhough i have not hired anyone through the upwork system, i have indeed worked with some of the top freelancers on upwork and have paiod them regularly via paypal.

Would upwork consider allowing any registered user (eg, myself) with a real profile to write an HONEST and FAIR review on a freelancer on upwork?

Community Guru
Christy A Member Since: Dec 30, 2015
2 of 28

Just to clarify.

You found top rated freelancers on Upwork, hired them off platform, paid them off platform then were unhappy with their performance and now wish to leave them feedback here.  On Upwork?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
3 of 28

@Christy A wrote:

Just to clarify.

You found top rated freelancers on Upwork, hired them off platform, paid them off platform then were unhappy with their performance and now wish to leave them feedback here.  On Upwork?

Don't forget continued to pay them regulary, despite the apparently terrible quality of their work.

Multiple freelancers. 

Highlighted
4 of 28

Please read my post CORRECTLY before commenting on it. I did NOT say i am paying regularly to the freelancers that did poorly. 

Highlighted
5 of 28

@Tiffiny S.

Not all freelancers did poorly, but some top freelancers were clearly not qualified or professional. I have paid regularly to some but not to all the freelancers i have hired. 

Highlighted
6 of 28

At the time when the pages were buggy i had no choice but to hire them OFF the platform. They kept asking me to update them on the job offer. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Christy A Member Since: Dec 30, 2015
7 of 28

Well, the good news is that there is a solution.

Once your account has been reinstated, after egregiously violating the TOS, you can rehire the terrible top-rated freelancers, pay them onsite and then you'll be able to give them honest feedback.

Easy peasy!

Highlighted
8 of 28

you have misread and misunderstood my posts. I have never said i wanted to rehire the terrible top freelancers again. 

My post is about freelancer's reviews not accurately describing the freelancers' skills and conduct, but you and some other community guru appear to be determined to misunderstand the message in my post.

Do you enjoy seen employers wasting time and money on upwork?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jessica S Member Since: Dec 4, 2015
9 of 28

You found freelancers here and hired/paid them OFF the platform and you expect people to believe that you can provide HONEST reviews when you can't even work in an HONEST and ethical manner? 

Hahahaha... Every time I think I've seen it all, someone comes along and tops it....

Highlighted
10 of 28

You are clearly speaking on behalf of freelancers, eventhough you knew the reviews could be fake. Well done, you are the best. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS