cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fake profile reviews of top freelancers?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
11 of 28

@Shane F wrote:

You are clearly speaking on behalf of freelancers, eventhough you knew the reviews could be fake. Well done, you are the best. 

How could the reviews possibly be fake? You think multiple clients colluded with more than one freelancer you've worked with to set up fake accounts, verify their information, fund and pay for projects just so they could leave fake feedback for these freelancers?

Side note: Since you're "new to Upwork," any special reason you've been a member of this forum for five months? 

Highlighted
Shane F Member Since: Nov 20, 2015
12 of 28

I am simply speaking from personal experiences and i have no reason to lie about this. 

Is it possible that "multiple clients colluded with one clients..."?? Honest i dont know but i cannot see how the reviews accurately reflect or describe the ability and professionalism of some of the top freelancers. Again, i am speaking from my personal experience only. 

I feel if you would allow a registered user with a real profile to submit reviews, then perhaps this would provide much more information/insights for potential employers?

Also are freelancers allowed to hide or delete their bad reviews? 

Highlighted
Community Guru
David G Member Since: Oct 6, 2011
13 of 28

@Shane F wrote:

I feel if you would allow a registered user with a real profile to submit reviews, then perhaps this would provide much more information/insights for potential employers?

Registered users with a real profile are allowed to submit reviews. Simply hire someone through this site, pay that person and then you can leave a review.

It's that simple.

Highlighted
Khaled N Member Since: Dec 12, 2015
14 of 28

I'm a client myself. I think that hiring freelancers outside the platform doesn't serve us the best, because the freelancer will know that his -poor- work outside the platform will never reflect to his career and job history in side the platform.

I read all the comments and what you have said, and I encourage you not to do this again, work with freelancers ONLY within the platform, and ask them - as many as you want - to raise the quality bar of their work, and they will apply.. You know why! the will always consider that there is a possible bad feedback if they not.

I don't believe that the freelancers reviews left by other clients are less than 100% correct, each client give his feedback according to his experience with the given freelancer. There is no freelancer here or outside this platform is happy to have bad review, or wish to have one.

Regards

Highlighted
15 of 28

Most of the replies to my post are biased and i am not surprised to see this, since some of you do obviously work for upwork....

I have said in my first post that the reason why i had hired professional outside of upwork was beause:

1. My account was buggy when using IE and firefox, some menu items were missing or could not be displayed correctly. Also when my security answers was lost i was unable to retrieve the correct security answers immediately through an upwork customers services agent. 

2. Many upwork professional kept asking me to give them jobs over skype. Some of them seemed really keen and desparate. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jessica S Member Since: Dec 4, 2015
16 of 28

@Shane F wrote:

Most of the replies to my post are biased and i am not surprised to see this, since some of you do obviously work for upwork....

I have said in my first post that the reason why i had hired professional outside of upwork was beause:

1. My account was buggy when using IE and firefox, some menu items were missing or could not be displayed correctly. Also when my security answers was lost i was unable to retrieve the correct security answers immediately through an upwork customers services agent. 

2. Many upwork professional kept asking me to give them jobs over skype. Some of them seemed really keen and desparate. 

Does this make you honest? NO, it does not. It's an excuse to act unethically.  If I was a client experiencing problems on the website and couldn't hire anyone, I would go to support and if they couldn't help me before I needed to get my work done by someone, there would be NO doubt in my mind that I would need to find my freelancers ELSEWHERE.

If there is no cashier at a store, when you are ready to check out, do you just walk out of the store with what you want because... well.. you *tried* to pay but no one was there....   

unbelieveable.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Olga Q Member Since: Sep 5, 2012
17 of 28

This thread is an hallucination.

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
18 of 28

Hi Shane, 

Working with and paying Upwork freelancers outside of the platform is a serious violation of the Upwork ToS. Since you did not hire these freelancers on the platform, you will be unable to give them feedback. 

I can see that you have an open ticket regarding an account issue. Please reply to the team so that the issue can be resolved immediately.

Avery

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
19 of 28

I did reply the ticket many days ago. 

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
20 of 28

Hi Shane, 

The team has sent you a reply to your most recent message. Please review the message and action on their request so that your account issue can be resolved. 

In the future, should you encounter any issues on the website, you may contact our Support Team so that they can assist you. 

Avery

-Avery
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS