Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fake spam freelancers everywhere

Highlighted
Community Guru
Kim F Member Since: Aug 26, 2015
51 of 58

and how do you know that he didn't ask?

Because I did - and it was acted on very quickly.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
52 of 58

@Prashant P wrote:

Facts are not insult.

What is factual about this?," It is fortunate that you negativity towards clients is not representative of the general state of mind of Upwork's providers."  Isn't that an opinion?

and how do you know that he didn't ask?  Again your opinion isn't it?

It is a fact that your negativity towards clients is not representative of the general state of mind of Upwork's providers.

Which part are you disputing? The fact that your posts  tend to be full of constant and obvious and not even faintly disguised negativity towards client, which you spew forth at any appropriate or inappropriate opportunity or the fact that it is thankfully not representative? Or the fact that it is fortunate that it isn't representative, which it is not?

I know Rene didn't ask to have it removed because that just isn't his MO. I saw it just before it was (rightly) removed. (No, I didn't report it either but I agree with the person who did. It was disgusting.)

Highlighted
Community Guru
Prashant P Member Since: Sep 29, 2015
53 of 58

I am going to take my ball and go home. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
54 of 58

@Prashant P wrote:

I am going to take my ball and go home. 

Prashant, that's a good idea. You were a bit late to the party anyway.

The conclusion is, that many freelancers (hundreds of them, in fact) post fake profiles locations. And it is naughty of all those freelancers to do what they do, but they just do not read the rules and regs before signing up.

The other thing that freelancers do is to sell or rent their profiles. This, in my book, is even more of a no, no than lying about location. But I am sure Upwork has something in place to prevent this. We must have faith. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
55 of 58

Yoy have to ask the MODs to remove my insult.  If you are a true gentlemen you should edit your post and remove your insult.

I have neither insulted you, it was not my purpose at least, I'm sorry if you feel that way, nor have I flagged your post. I don't care about posts moderation, I leave this to the mods. If it was me almost nothing would be removed.

It's just that you are sometimes so grumpy and so negative against clients Prashant. Yet you are a freelancer.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Highlighted
Community Guru
Prashant P Member Since: Sep 29, 2015
56 of 58

Rene:  Yes you were trolling and were out of line.  I have seen you replying to several of my posts and inserting that statement randomly.  When you insert stuff randomly the sole purpose of which is to insult.

It is also trolling when the ‘cheer leaders’ come out of nowhere  and start insulting in your defense.  They have no business to butt in the conversation when the post is clearly addressed to you.

It is also called trolling when (on the other thread) that dude start a rant about something without comprehending the difference between “Most” and “All”.

I have soft spot for freelancers.  I come from that part of the world where many of them use Upwork to survive. Yes it is wonderful to say that they agreed to work for 50 cents/hr, or collect 500 e-mails for $5 or transfer thousands of excel data for $10. But in my definition that is exploitation.

Even then  many of them are taken advantage by greedy scheming buyers.  I feel for the freelancers when a dude or dudette comes to the forum and starts asking about how they can get away by not paying some poor slob. Even on hourly contract.  I have no sympathy for those buyers. I have no sympathy for buyers who starts checking your work diary in minute detail and see a screen not not related to their work or if the #of keystrokes or mouse movements were low they ask for how they can remove that 10 min. segment.

As for scamming freelancers – the buyers get what they deserve.  It is their job to vett them out.  If they are stupid, looking for rock bottom prices, and are unable to understand the risk involved in hiring people sight unseen.  It happens in real life as well.  You hire someone who looks great on paper, you interview them, hire them and they don’t work out.  If you dock their wages or ask for refund the labor dept. (at least in US) would be all over you.

Yes and one thing we both agree is that if it was up to me nothing on the forum would be removed.  I hate it immensely when in the middle of the post that says, ”Removed per whatever Guidelines”.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Reinier B Member Since: Nov 3, 2015
57 of 58

@Prashant P wrote:

Rene:  Yes you were trolling and were out of line.  I have seen you replying to several of my posts and inserting that statement randomly.  When you insert stuff randomly the sole purpose of which is to insult.

It is also trolling when the ‘cheer leaders’ come out of nowhere  and start insulting in your defense.  They have no business to butt in the conversation when the post is clearly addressed to you.

It is also called trolling when (on the other thread) that dude start a rant about something without comprehending the difference between “Most” and “All”.

I have soft spot for freelancers.  I come from that part of the world where many of them use Upwork to survive. Yes it is wonderful to say that they agreed to work for 50 cents/hr, or collect 500 e-mails for $5 or transfer thousands of excel data for $10. But in my definition that is exploitation.

Even then  many of them are taken advantage by greedy scheming buyers.  I feel for the freelancers when a dude or dudette comes to the forum and starts asking about how they can get away by not paying some poor slob. Even on hourly contract.  I have no sympathy for those buyers. I have no sympathy for buyers who starts checking your work diary in minute detail and see a screen not not related to their work or if the #of keystrokes or mouse movements were low they ask for how they can remove that 10 min. segment.

As for scamming freelancers – the buyers get what they deserve.  It is their job to vett them out.  If they are stupid, looking for rock bottom prices, and are unable to understand the risk involved in hiring people sight unseen.  It happens in real life as well.  You hire someone who looks great on paper, you interview them, hire them and they don’t work out.  If you dock their wages or ask for refund the labor dept. (at least in US) would be all over you.

Yes and one thing we both agree is that if it was up to me nothing on the forum would be removed.  I hate it immensely when in the middle of the post that says, ”Removed per whatever Guidelines”.

@ @Prashant, I stand corrected on the difference between the meanings of the words "most" and "all". I will in future defer to your superior knowledge on these matters, seeing that you managed to attain an advanced degree in mechanical engineering in the about same amount of time it takes to attain a mere bachelor's degree. 

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
58 of 58

Hi all,

We've removed a few posts from this thread and will be closing it for new responses. Thank you for your participation and please do refrain from making personal attacks or posting otherwise inappropriate comments which not in line with the spirit of our great Community or your awesome personality.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS