🐈
» Forums » Clients » Feature Needed: Saved Talent Freelancers SORT...
Page options
aktiv8d
Community Member

Feature Needed: Saved Talent Freelancers SORTING Function (Instead of just Search)

In the Saved Talent screen, I have 7 pages of individuals. Searching never helps me, because these freelancers have varying skills and I can't remember all of their names in order to search for an individual.

Based on previous support threads about confused clients, trying to sort through the Saved Talent screen, this categorized sorting method is essential and a few years overdue. Searching the Saved Talent list can still be used to search for specific skills and names. However, all of the other criteria are simpler to quantify, so they should be categorized.

These sorting categories would live under a Sort icon, in the upper right of the Saved Freelancers screen, where there is already plenty of room. Clicking the Sort icon then drops down sortable categories that filters the listMany of these sortable categories already present themselves in the New Job creation template. I attached a couple of Sort icon samples.

Others can respond to this thread, with more categories, but these are my primary ones:

1. Name
  2. Hourly Rate - Currently-posted freelancer's hourly rate
  3. Hourly Rate When Saved - Hourly rate, posted by the freelancer, when we originally added him/her to the Saved Talent screen
  4. Hired - whether/not the freelancer was hired
  5. Number of Currently-active Jobs (determine how busy the freelancer is with his/her current responsibilities)

A couple categories should expand further. These first three categories can match up, exactly, with the job creation template's options:

• Amount earned on Upwork - This category can get sorted, by itself, and also expand to subcategories for $1 earned, $1k earned, nothing yet earned, etc.
  • Job success on Upwork - This category can also get sorted, by itself, and then have subcategories for 80%, 90%, etc.
  • Geographic - Further sortable by continent
  • Notes - Whether/not I have personal notes on the freelancer. Many of us label our Saved Talent with keywords in their Notes. The Notes category should expand into a searchable field, where clients can search their keywords saved in Notes.

Note: Integral to sorting is also a Ascending vs Descending toggle. This icon can get implemented for just numbers-based categories or for all categories.

3 REPLIES 3
AndreaG

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for your detailed suggestion, we appreciate your feedback! We'll be sure to pass it on to our product team.

~Andrea
Upwork
fd71e898
Community Member

While you're at it, add folders to Saved Talent - categorizing saved freelancers would go a long way toward keeping track and finding the right ones quickly.

sfguido
Community Member

I completely agree! I also have several pages of individuals I have saved.  I now want to go through them to reorder them by my preference or priority, and I cannot.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths