🐈
» Forums » Clients » Feature Request: Client-added Manual Time
Page options
telusion
Community Member

Feature Request: Client-added Manual Time

I did some training with one of my new contractors. Due to a technical issue on their end, they were not able to start the Upwork Team App to track their time.

My options currently are:

• Give a Bonus
  • Enable Manual Time and have the Contractor add those hours, then turn Manual Time back off

The option that I don't have that I would like is that I, the client, can add manual time for any of my contractors. This way I control the manual time rather than the contractor being in charge, and that eliminates issues with incorrect entries or disputes. 

There have been several times in the past year that I've wished for this feature. Now that I have several contractors, it has made the lack of this feature more pressing.

7 REPLIES 7
rahatur
Community Member

Peter I understand your situation. But shouldnt the bill come from the person who is actually working?

Hmmm... This is actually a really good idea, Peter.

I can't see much of a downside to letting clients add manual time as an alternative to adding a bonus.

I agree. This is a good idea. 

rahatur
Community Member

So if you allow someone to add time, he/she should have the option to edit/delete as well.
What if client accidently edits/deletes some of the work logged by the freelancer? The feature is risky if not implemented properly.

rey_dtopseller
Community Member

Hi Peter

I agree with you. That's what my client suggested too for I have been having issue adding manual hours on my end. It showed manual hours were added yet when I double checked the number  of hours I should have on that day was  not showing the tracker, Hence, I and my client were both puzzled why she's not gettting notification on her end. Question by the way, do client receive notification when we added manual hours right there and then  or it would take hours or days to pop up?

Hi Rey,

The client will not be notified when you add manual time. However, she should be able to see it in the Work Diary immediately after you add it. It may take some time to show in the Reports though. The client is charged for manual time automatically according to the work week schedule.

~ Valeria
Upwork
9a5524b3
Community Member

Got here Googling for the same feature. So obv +1
Latest Articles
Learning Paths