cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature Request - Hide Jobs In Progress Contract Rate

AJ B Member Since: May 3, 2016
1 of 15

I would like to request that the option to hide contract rates for my Jobs In Progress be added to client accounts. Why does this information need to be publicly viewed? 

Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
2 of 15

Removed because I read it wrong

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
Ace Contributor
Samuel W Member Since: Apr 21, 2015
3 of 15

As a contractor, I always check whether the client whose job post I'm interested in doesn't have too many contracts that are open without any activity for a while because paused contracts. I could see why a client might not want to show other contractors how much they're paying other contractor though.
Personally, I couldn't care less if there was such a feature as long as there was still a way of knowing how many paused contract a client has.

Community Guru
Melanie M Member Since: Jul 13, 2016
4 of 15

@Samuel W wrote:

As a contractor, I always check whether the client whose job post I'm interested in doesn't have too many contracts that are open without any activity for a while because paused contracts. I could see why a client might not want to show other contractors how much they're paying other contractor though.
Personally, I couldn't care less if there was such a feature as long as there was still a way of knowing how many paused contract a client has.

I'm curious as to why paused contracts are an issue.  I have some long-term contracts with clients who move rather slowly on their projects.  They only contact me every few months when they are ready for a new milestone.  That is entirely their prerogative, and I am more than happy to be retained and available whenever they are ready to proceed.  They also understand that I may be booked up when they need me and might have to adjust their deadline expectations.  It's just a mutual agreement, we have.  But for the life of me, I cannot fathom why a prospective client might be put off by my arrangements with other contractors.  Am I not understanding what you mean, perhaps?  Just curious.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
5 of 15

Hi AJ,

Let me follow up about the ticket you submitted about this issue to make sure you are provided all the information available.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Rose B Member Since: Apr 18, 2010
6 of 15

I have the same request. Is this possible? Can client his In progress hourly rate?

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
7 of 15

Hi Rose,

I asked our team to reach out to you directly in order to share more information and advise you about the options clients have at their disposal.

Ben L Member Since: Aug 2, 2017
8 of 15

I am a BIG buyer of freelancers on upwork and it is impossible to hide my purchasing activity from the freelancers.  Why do I want to make all this information public?  There needs to be a way for me to maintain my privacy and keep my jobs in progress hidden from all of the public to view who I am using, how much I am paying and for what am I building THIS IS EXTREMELY BAD!  SOmeone please contact me with a fix for this solution, it should be in my discretion what information is shown to the world about my active contracts and works in progress and all the details about it!  I have emailed support and NO ANSWER.  This is a MAJOR flaw on the platform and I may move to another platform because of this and UPWORK will not collect fees from me anymore!

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
9 of 15

Hi Ben, 

I checked and couldn't see any tickets that you were able to file.

I raised this to the Customer Support Team and they have enabled rate privacy on your closed contracts as requested. The jobs in progress rates will be switched to private once they close. 

-Avery
Untitled
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
10 of 15

FWIW, buyers and providers alike who have nothing to hide (i.e., who are honest in their claims and self-representation) have no reason to be concerned about rates paid showing.  

That said, this issue is entirely different than providers who mark their profiles "not public".  Thiis is often done for tax purposes within their respective countries.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS