cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature Request - Hide Jobs In Progress Contract Rate

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
11 of 15

Ben L, do you feel that information should also be hidden on freelancer profiles?

Ben P Member Since: Aug 3, 2017
12 of 15

No I don't.  Since it is my money being spent, I should be able to do that privately for several reasons....what if my competitors look at what I'm doing before I want to make it public by creating an upwork profile?  That kind of stuff is really bad.  Since I am the one paying, it's my money it should be private.  A freelancer on the other hand, is offering their services to me and since they are the seller they should not be able to hide their activity.  Would you buy let's say a pair of shoes from someone who won't let you see the rest of their store/inventory?  Someone from upwork should reach out to me to make my hiring activity private ASAP otherwise I'm moving all my work to a competing platform (which by the way does it the right way by giving the buyer (hiring party) the OPTION to make their current/past project details private.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
13 of 15

Hi Ben, 

I apologise if this is very inconvenient for you. I checked this with the team, and it is by design that your hiring history shows on your profile as there is no way to hide it. On our end, we can only enable rate privacy on your closed contracts, which we have done for you yesterday.

-Avery
Untitled
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
14 of 15

@Ben P wrote:

....what if my competitors look at what I'm doing before I want to make it public by creating an upwork profile?

How would your competitors find and identify you on Upwork. That's just completely bizzare.

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
15 of 15

Major correction in your wording and thinking, Ben, if I may. The relationship between potential client and a FLer is based on the mutual respect of both parties and is subject to due diligence by both parties.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS