» Forums » Clients » Re: Feature Requests - Job Postings
Page options
38c9b454
Community Member

Feature Requests - Job Postings

I'd like to request the following features

1) Remove the limit of 5 screening questions

2) Add multiple question types for screening questions eg multiple choice

3) Allow the client to download a csv with all applicants in it (this should include the answers to the screening questions)

4) Increase thec haracter limit for the description part of the job post its currently set to 5000.

Given the recent tos changes which mean I cant use a google form anymore I need Upwork to help make my hiring process more straightforward.

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

wrote:

1) Remove the limit of 5 screening questions

Please, no.... 5 is already at least 3 too many, especially when clients use the idiotic pre-packaged ones.

Q: "Which part of this project do you think will take the most time?"

A: "Answering irrelevant questions"

Unless the job is worth at the very least high 3 figures or 4 figures, and I really, really want it, I skip any job post with a long list of "Do this, answer that, fill out this sheet"

4) Increase thec haracter limit for the description part of the job post its currently set to 5000.

Good job posts are short enough to not take too long to read and long enough to give the freelancer what they need to create a meaningful proposal. 

Job posts and proposals are the start of a conversation, personally I think 5000 characters (about 750 words) is plenty. Probably way too much for almost all job posts. Freelancers' time is worth something, too....

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Andy,

Thanks for sharing your suggestions with us. I will share your feedback with our team for review.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths