🐈
» Forums » Clients » Feature Suggestion - For Clients
Page options
ladyelexia
Community Member

Feature Suggestion - For Clients

One feature that I would like to see added to the client portal is that applicants that were declined or never hired should not be able to contact you via the message system. Specifically, I had some projects posted a while back, for which I interviewed many applicants, hired several, and directly declined some without ever conversing. 

Once you enter the interview process with a freelancer, even if you don't hire them they always have the ability to send you messages outside of the job application portal. Yes, I am well aware that you can block a freelancer in the messages portal, and sometimes I do. However, this should not be the only solution. 

I never mind getting occasional messages from freelancers I have hired in the past, I often rehire them as a result. However, in recent weeks I have been getting an increasing number of messages from freelancers that I never hired, ones that I simply interviewed, with them asking for work. Freelancers that were never hired should go back to not being able to directly message a client for any reason. Just as a person who is looking at a job post cant message a client without using connects and putting in an application. 

This is just a feature suggestion, I know how to use the block feature in messages and use it often. However, I should not have to block a freelancer from messaging me begging for work, especially when I don't have projects posted and never hired them for projects in the past. 

1 REPLY 1
AndreaG

Hi Heather,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We'll be sure to pass it along to the team.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths