🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Features here on Upwork protect their fre...
Page options
maddieandsu
Community Member

Features here on Upwork protect their freelancers too much to the point that clients get scammed

I had a bad experience with a freelancer, so I ended the contract and paid for what she at least did. It wasn't her skills that were the problem but she was extremely rude, uncooperative, and arrogant. Of course, I gave her a bad review based only on the experience she gave me. Because of the system on Upwork, if she doesn't give me back a review, whether good or bad, my bad review won't show up on her profile, thus continuing the cycle of scamming other clients to think she'll do a good job because her JS Score has always been 100%.

Isn't there a way to report her account so that other clients don't get scammed by this freelancer?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you for the follow up, Bianca.

Our team will investigate this further and will take proper actions. If further help is needed, feel free to follow up here with any additional questions you may have. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Bianca,

I'm sorry to hear about the bad experience you've had with your freelancer. Just to clarify, the feedback period is 14 days from the end of a contract. The system is double-blind, which means that feedback won’t be visible until both parties provide it for each other. If only one party leaves feedback, it will be posted after the 14-day period has expired.
If you would like to share any additional evidence regarding the freelancer, feel free to send them to me via PM (click on my name) and our team will investigate it further. Thank you. 

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you for replying to my feedback 👍

I'm satisfied with this part:
"If only one party leaves feedback, it will be posted after the 14-day period has expired."

the situation is that she didn't provide feedback herself, and I think it's already up on her profile**Edited for Community Guidelines**  My contract with her is the recent one "**Edited for Community Guidelines** My issue is that why is my review not up even if she "gave" her review already as well.

I'll be providing the screenshots of our convo to you in a bit so you and your team can investigate this further. Thank you
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Thank you for the follow up, Bianca.

Our team will investigate this further and will take proper actions. If further help is needed, feel free to follow up here with any additional questions you may have. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

The Upwork system is primarily focused on the needs of clients, not freelancers.

Which is as it should be.

Clients are Upwork's customers.

NOT freelancers.

I am very sorry that the original poster had a disappointing experience. I do not doubt her sincerity.

However: Her problems stem from a lack of understanding of Upwork's features, and not from problems with the features themselves.

If a client is sufficiently knowledgeable about Upwork's client-side features and uses best practices, then it is impossible to be scammed by a freelancer.

The original poster said of the freelancer she hired: "It wasn't her skills that were the problem but she was extremely rude, uncooperative, and arrogant."

I don't doubt the original poster's sincerity. I don't doubt that the feels this way. Her thread headline references being "scammed" by the freelancer. But nothing in her description of events suggests that she was actually scammed in any way. It is not acceptable for a freelancer to be rude, etc. But being rude or arrogant is not the same as scamming a client.

If the client simply thought that the freelancer or Upwork itself was potentially "scamming" future potential clients by hiding the client's feedback, then I hope she now understands more about how the display of feedback works given the double-blind feedback system. There is no "scam" inherent in the way the feedback system works.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths