cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback from New User

John J Member Since: Sep 22, 2015
1 of 5

I am recently moved over from Elance.  My experience with freelancers on Upwork so far has been good.

I would like to comment that I have found the automatic withdrawl of escrow with no "OK" step  from fixed price jobs and automatic payment after each hourly job before I even know that the freelancer has submitted hours  very annoying.     I also find the Upwork website navigation much less intuitive than Elance was.  

My suggestion is that perhaps much could be learned from the Elance system that was swallowed up rather than the normal " this is the way we do it here"  approach.  I am guessing there are hundreds of elance clients who feel the same. 

Queen J Member Since: Aug 7, 2015
2 of 5

Glad to hear from a client's perspective.  This site could use some major work.  

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 5

@John J wrote:

1)  I would like to comment that I have found the automatic withdrawl of escrow with no "OK" step  from fixed price jobs and

2) automatic payment after each hourly job before I even know that the freelancer has submitted hours  very annoying.   

John, but 1) It is two weeks after the freelancer has submitted work. That means you had 2 weeks to press the "request changes" button if needed. Is it really fair letting someone wait longer for their money after they submitted work which you could have reviewed?

2) You can see what hours were worked on your account at a glance throughout the week, and you can check the freelancer's work diary every day if you like. It doesn't just suddenly jump up and bite you on a Monday?

John J Member Since: Sep 22, 2015
4 of 5

thank you for the reply, but that is not my experience.   the work was done on 9/20 and the money came out on 9/21.    I do not spend time on the upwork site tracking everything as it comes out.   

Also someone needs to walk through the website and try to navigate to another area as a use.     I am sure it is designed and works if you take the standard path , but once you are in one area, it is difficult to get where or what you want.  

Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
5 of 5

Hi John

Please have a look here, regarding hourly jobs.

https://support.upwork.com/entries/23128372

As for Escrow, it is not automatically paid to a freelancer. It only gets released once the client allows it, and only pays automatically after 14 days (I stand under correction about the 14 days)...and after the client has been reminded by Upwork that it has not been released.

In effect, the client thus has a considerable period of time to review work done under both the two payment methods before a freelancer is paid.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS