cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback option for freelancers who just disappears

281cacf9
Marc M Member Since: Dec 11, 2016
1 of 29

I was looking for freelancers to help me on the reactjs part of my Wordpress website. Get in contact with 4; interviewed them and everything. Explained everything in detail, then at the end, they'll never accept the job and just disappear...

It already happened to me 5 times this week and this is really frustrating. There is also no option to give feedback on these kind of freelancers...

versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
2 of 29

While it's impolite for a freelancer to not telling a client why they don't accept their offer, there are no reasons to report them for not accepting or for not acting as professionals.

Sometimes people will not accept your offer because they are not interested. They should tell you and wish you the best for the future. But they don't have to.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
281cacf9
3 of 29

Wasting hours of my time waiting for him to reply to every single thing, waiting for him to eat, waiting for him to install his IDE, then he disappears. That's more than impolite. Other shared economy platforms has an option for these kind of behaviours...

versailles
Community Guru
4 of 29

Marc, you can drop a word to the custommer support if you think their attitude was out of line.

-----------
colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
5 of 29

Marc, you have also posted this twice - another no-no on the forums.

yelchuyev96
Ace Contributor
Bakhtiyar Y Member Since: Oct 13, 2016
6 of 29

Those freelancers you mentioned are newbies and you never know what to expect from them. If you have such a bad luck with newbies, try working with professionals with proved track record and I'm sure you will soon forget of such problems.

281cacf9
7 of 29

Yes, I do not have that kind of budget to afford the "pro" ones. 

Lesson learned, not to bother with the newbs.

versailles
Community Guru
8 of 29

I understand that the budget may be an issue Marc, unfortunately when you're on a tight budget you can't always have the same level of quality that you may expect with a better budget.

It's not true for freelancing only...

-----------
281cacf9
9 of 29

This also happens with freelancers on  40-60$/h for web development. I don't think that's cheap. 

But yes, it is just hard to find the good ones.

csjarmitage
Community Guru
Christy A Member Since: Dec 30, 2015
10 of 29

Yeah, five times in one week leads to me believe there's something else going on here.  What is your interview process?

It's just my two cents, but shaming freelancers by name is grossly unprofessional and really no better than what you're accusing them of.  This doesn't even touch on the fact that it's against forum rules.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS