Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

Feedback option for freelancers who just disappears

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
11 of 29

Just because a freelancer is new on Upwork does not mean he or she is inexperienced. I daresay the five people you picked on (perhaps because you thought they would be cheap) did not like your attitude.

281cacf9
Active Member
Marc M Member Since: Dec 11, 2016
12 of 29

By explaining the task in details briefly. They do not even ask the specifics other than about money. Next time I know that once they start focusing about money, I should just leave them be. Plus the fact as mentioned above, they are all new freelancers.

 

Yes by naming them, I have become unprofessional like them. For this I am sorry.

 

I have now read the forum rules and i'm sorry for naming them.

 

And for Nichola who apparently is not pleased, even after saying Hi, they are not responding at all.

 

Yes I have already paid some freelancers here, already spent more than 700$.

versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
13 of 29

Honestly it's hard to tell why they acted this way. Take a deep breath and do it again. Patience is the key and I am sure that you will eventually find the right match for your project.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
14 of 29

Wow! $700!! Last of the big spenders eh? 😉

 

Freelancers come here to make money. It is normal to ask about payment and to set out terms of payment.

versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
15 of 29

@Nichola L wrote:

Wow! $700!! Last of the big spenders eh? 😉

 

Freelancers come here to make money. It is normal to ask about payment and to set out terms of payment.


 There are clients who spent more than 100K on Upwork. They all had a $700 spending history one day.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
16 of 29

@Rene K wrote:

@Nichola L wrote:

Wow! $700!! Last of the big spenders eh? 😉

 

Freelancers come here to make money. It is normal to ask about payment and to set out terms of payment.


 There are clients who spent more than 100K on Upwork. They all had a $700 spending history one day.


 I daresay those clients had a very professional mindset.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
17 of 29

@Marc M wrote:

Yes, I do not have that kind of budget to afford the "pro" ones. 

Lesson learned, not to bother with the newbs.


 just double checking: Do you have a verified payment method?

 

 

csjarmitage
Community Guru
Christy A Member Since: Dec 30, 2015
18 of 29

Are you requesting that they do the work for less than their posted rate?  Are you listing a budget in your job post and is it an actual budget and not just a placeholder?

 

 

281cacf9
Active Member
Marc M Member Since: Dec 11, 2016
19 of 29

Clients are the one paying for those freelancers and upwork. 

 

The problem was, all they ask is about the money, trying to milk everything out of me with extra hours, barely asking anything about my project.

This is my failure to notice.

 

And yes, I put the exact amount on the job posted and even changing it from fixed to hourly rate if they so wish.

Already received payback twice because the job post I have created is cancelled due to these kind of freelancers.

 

Thanks for all the Guru's comments/suggestions. I will consider them when hiring the better freelancers.

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
20 of 29

@Marc M wrote:

Clients are the one paying for those freelancers and upwork. 

 

The problem was, all they ask is about the money, trying to milk everything out of me with extra hours, barely asking anything about my project.

This is my failure to notice.

 

And yes, I put the exact amount on the job posted and even changing it from fixed to hourly rate if they so wish.

Already received payback twice because the job post I have created is cancelled due to these kind of freelancers.

 

Thanks for all the Guru's comments/suggestions. I will consider them when hiring the better freelancers.




@Marc M wrote:

Clients are the one paying for those freelancers and upwork. 

 

The problem was, all they ask is about the money, trying to milk everything out of me with extra hours, barely asking anything about my project.

This is my failure to notice.

 

And yes, I put the exact amount on the job posted and even changing it from fixed to hourly rate if they so wish.

Already received payback twice because the job post I have created is cancelled due to these kind of freelancers.

 

Thanks for all the Guru's comments/suggestions. I will consider them when hiring the better freelancers.


 Marc,

 

I have to point out to you that it is the freelancers who pay. We pay a basic 20% (sometimes less depending on the contract) to Upwork for the privilege of  being hired  here.  If your post has been delisted by Upwork, this has nothing whatsoever to do with any freelancer, but that you have in some way violated Upwork's ToS. As much as there are videos for starter freelancers, similar videos also exist for starter clients. You could, perhaps, benefit from these.

 

Edited to add: And if you feel you have been as "unprofessional" as the freelancers who have not replied to you, by naming them and shaming them, you have the facility to edit their names out in your duplicate thread, before one of the moderators does it for you. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS