cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Financial transactions Limited

Janet K Member Since: Feb 16, 2017
1 of 6

Hi, 

I am in one contract (as employer) and I'm actively trying to hire someone else. I canceled one job as the person did ten mins of work and charged it as eleven hours. I even went ahead and paid her, to just cancel it and make it go away, instead of arguing for days on end. 

I just logged into my account to see the applications on the new job posting, and received the message that financial transactions are limited and to check my account. I did send a message, but i don't have high hopes as customer service is slow. I am considering just moving the new job to a different freelance site, as i don't want these kind of issues to be a constant. 

Does anyone have any ideas?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 6

Hi Janet,

It appears there are some issues with your payment method. Could you please check your PayPal account and make sure it has a valid funding source? Once any problems are fixed, please let us know if you want us to run a test charge of $1 on your account. If the charge is successful, your account will be resumed and $1 will be refunded to you.

~ Valeria
Untitled
3 of 6

I had to change my password yesterday, paypal notified me that someone was trying to log in. Is that it? How to i change it on your site?

Upwork also took money out of my account yesterday. So i'm not sure how it isn't funding. 

4 of 6

Janet,

That could have caused this issue. Are you okay with us doing the test charge? Once you confirm we'll go ahead and hopefully it'll resolve this.

~ Valeria
Untitled
5 of 6

yes, but would i need to update the password in upwork? how do i do that?

6 of 6

Janet,

The test charge went though and your account has ben resumed. You should be all set.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS