cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find out when Freelancer was last online/logged in?

Highlighted
Russ C Member Since: Nov 30, 2016
1 of 35

Elance used to allow clients to see when their freelancer was last signed on to the system. I can't locate any such tool on Upwork. Does this feature exist here?

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 35

Hi Russ,

On Upwork, you won't be able to see when the freelancer was last online. However, you can check response time on their profile. It refers to the average time it takes the freelancer to respond to invites:

Screenshot_32.png

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Russ C Member Since: Nov 30, 2016
3 of 35

Really? That other thing doesn't help at all. My freelancer disappeared for 2 weeks, and was due back 3 days ago. I wanted to see if she'd been on recently. Average response time is irrelevant.

When will you be adding this feature? It's pretty important for clients to know when their hire has been active. It helps us gauge their involvement and work ethic too. Plus it helps us know they have seen our messages.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 35

Hi Russ,

I'm sorry to hear you haven't heard from your freelancer for a while. Our support will try to get a hold of your freelancer and will update you directly about it.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
5 of 35

re: "My freelancer disappeared for 2 weeks, and was due back 3 days ago"

Just have other people on the team do the work. Why wait for 2 weeks?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
6 of 35

I have hired about 50 freelancers on Upwork.

I have never known, and never cared, when they are online or logged in.

I'm not sure how this is actually relevant to whether or not they're working on my project.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
7 of 35

Agreed, it's not something I've ever worried about or felt the need to know. But then I've never had a freelancer disappear on me either.

Highlighted
Robert R Member Since: Sep 14, 2018
8 of 35

I'm having this issue right now.   A freelancer was doing time sensitive work for me. They needed to fix issues in what they did. Then they dissappeard. I have left several messages over the last 2 1/2 weeks but there has been no response. If I knew thw last time they were online, I would know if they were just avoiding me, or if perhaps something has happened to them.

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
9 of 35

Hi Robert,

While this has been discussed before, this feature is still not available. If you need us to follow up with your freelancer on your behalf, let us know and we'll follow up with this freelancer for you.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Robert R Member Since: Sep 14, 2018
10 of 35

I have escallated this and your team has reached out and the freelancer is still not responsive.

Although they tried, I still don't know if the freelancer is simply avoiding me and the admins regarding this problem. Knowing if he's been on would allow me to know that he was avoiding me, or if maybe something had happened to him.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS