cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find out when Freelancer was last online/logged in?

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
31 of 35

Hi Robert, 

I apologise for missing to answer that question. Please know that this feature is not available, and I'm not sure if it will be available in the future. However, I will go ahead and share this with the team for their consideration. Should it become available, we'll make sure to share it here with the Community.

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
32 of 35

@aocumen wrote:

Hi Robert, 

I apologise for missing to answer that question. Please know that this feature is not available, and I'm not sure if it will be available in the future. However, I will go ahead and share this with the team for their consideration. Should it become available, we'll make sure to share it here with the Community.

Fingers crossed that Upwork will never put this feature in place. It serves no useful purpose.

To quote John K's statement: "... knowing if a freelancer is online won’t be as useful as you think because many freelancers, including me, never log off the site, but that doesn’t mean they’re looking at the site or looking at your messages"

It is no one's business but mine where I am or what I'm doing at any given time. Work with professional freelancers and communication should never be a problem.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
33 of 35

Robert:

You provided a very clear, logical reason why you want this information.

I don't think your question is at all "crazy."

The information you are looking for is not currently provided.

If you want to close this contract (which is a GOOD thing to do), then you will need to leave feedback without having as complete a picture as you would have hoped.

My suggestion is to put aside any considerations about "when this freelancer last logged into Upwork", and leave feedback based on what you DO know.

Highlighted
Shawn B Member Since: Apr 25, 2020
34 of 35

I have read this entire thread and agree with some and disagree with others.

IMO - this would be a good feature. Let me give an example.

I think this could be solved differently and is a common feature in many messaging and collaboration applications. Simply show a status of your messages as sent, delivered, and read.

This gives everybody all the information they need to make informed decisions.

If I had an upworker who went dark for 2 weeks and was msising previsouly agreed upon deadlines, then that is grounds for to recoupe monies if spent, switch to alternative upworker, and provide appropriate feedback as that upworker cannot be trusted to handle important projects. Even if they had legitimate reason, not communicating is not acceptable.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
35 of 35

Shawn B wrote:

I have read this entire thread and agree with some and disagree with others.

IMO - this would be a good feature. Let me give an example.

I think this could be solved differently and is a common feature in many messaging and collaboration applications. Simply show a status of your messages as sent, delivered, and read.

This gives everybody all the information they need to make informed decisions.

If I had an upworker who went dark for 2 weeks and was msising previsouly agreed upon deadlines, then that is grounds for to recoupe monies if spent, switch to alternative upworker, and provide appropriate feedback as that upworker cannot be trusted to handle important projects. Even if they had legitimate reason, not communicating is not acceptable.

No. Just because I read your message doesn't mean I have the time to deal with it right away. 

Terrible idea.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS