🐈
» Forums » Clients » Finding freelancers with 2+ skill matches
Page options
ee866741
Community Member

Finding freelancers with 2+ skill matches

I search for 2 keywords for the job. Very simple:

"javascript"+"After Effects"

I am shown contractors with each of the phrases in their skills or descriptions, but I have to wade through pages to find anyone with both skills. 

I have tried various search operator conventions from various search engines but the results are the same. 

What's the way to do this, please? A dedicated advanced search page would be useful. 

4 REPLIES 4
pudingstudio
Community Member

Andrew P wrote:

I search for 2 keywords for the job. Very simple:

"javascript"+"After Effects"

I am shown contractors with each of the phrases in their skills or descriptions, but I have to wade through pages to find anyone with both skills. 

I have tried various search operator conventions from various search engines but the results are the same. 

What's the way to do this, please? A dedicated advanced search page would be useful. 

Have you tried "ExtendScript" instead of "javascript"?

Thanks Antun, I appreciate it. 

It was just an example though. I need to learn how to search for other situations. 

Andrew P wrote:

Thanks Antun, I appreciate it. 

It was just an example though. I need to learn how to search for other situations. 

I'm gonna miss your point once again (not sure that there is a version of more advanced search when browsing freelancers):

You can always post a job. Make it as detailed as you can and freelancers will come to you.

Again, aware that I'm just stating the obvious. Have nothing more useful.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Andrew, 

I wanted to check if you have tried the "Advanced keyword search?" The option should be available when you click on the arrow beside the "Search" box. 

CL Advanced Search.png

Alternatively, I can also connect you with our Talent Solutions team to help you shortlist freelancers for your project. Let me know if this is something that you would be interested in so that I can assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths