🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Finding specific freelancer on Upwork
Page options
bb80e28e
Community Member

Finding specific freelancer on Upwork

Hello - 

I am new to Upwork and looking for a specific freelancer but cannot find her, and she cannot find me. Likely causes of this problem? 

Also - why is Upwork customer support so deeply hidden? This is quite frustrating. 

Thanks for any help, 

Jonathan

15 REPLIES 15
katrinabeaver
Community Member

If the freelancer you're looking for is new, he/she profile may not have been approved yet. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
mtngigi
Community Member

@Jonathan W wrote:

Hello - 

I am new to Upwork and looking for a specific freelancer but cannot find her, and she cannot find me. Likely causes of this problem? 

Also - why is Upwork customer support so deeply hidden? This is quite frustrating. 

Thanks for any help, 

Jonathan

As Katrina mentions, if your freelancer is a new profile, it has to go through an approval process.

As to the second question ... I don't know. It didn't used to be so buried, but, with a little perserverance, you can get there to open a ticket.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Jonathan.

If the freelancers profile hasn't been approved or is set to private, you won't be able to find it in search. If you are in contact with the freelancer, you can sent her a link to the job you posted or ask her to send her profile link to you. You'll be able to access it even if it was set to private.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thanks, all, for the quick replies! I will try some of the ideas you have suggested. 

I really appreciate your help. Who needs customer support anyways? ;0)

Jonathan

I'm not sure I can agree with this statement, but I would appreciate any feedback if I'm mistaken:

My profile has been approved and is set to be seen by anyone, and yet clients cannot find me.

Solution?

@Heather A wrote:

clients cannot find me.

Can you be more specific? I was able to find you.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

Well that's interesting because I went into the 'Find Freelancer' textbox and attempted to find me and didn't see my profile come up. The same applies to a client that was just trying to find me. She took the same route and my name didn't come up in the search.

barada00
Community Member

@Heather A wrote:

Well that's interesting because I went into the 'Find Freelancer' textbox and attempted to find me and didn't see my profile come up. The same applies to a client that was just trying to find me. She took the same route and my name didn't come up in the search.

I searched Heather A between quotation marks. Attached image is the result:

screen.jpg

Okay. I figured out the method: you have to use the dropdown to use the specified search textboxes. I think this could be better built for newbies to 'see' it (use a different colored dropdown box or a button that would state there were more ways to refine the search.

Thank you for helping!

sam-sly
Community Member

Also, Heather, the search query results rotate among the matched freelancers. There are thousands of freelancers so chances are there are others who match your query. Also when searching myself, I tend to have better luck seeing myself in the results if I use my "clients" side of my account. Even then, I may be on the first page or the tenth page for the same search run at different times.

5d6f2a9e
Community Member

I was searching the web and found Upwork. I searched in Upwork and found someone that I wanted to hire. When I tried to, the system said I needed an account to do so. I opened an account but now I cannot find this same person and I have a screenshot of her info. This is extremely annoying. Can anyone help?

Hi Aviva, 

I am sorry for the late response. Please try to narrow your search down by the category, hourly rate, location or any other relevant information you may have about this user. If you are unable to find a freelancer by search feel free to click on my name and send me a PM with a screenshot you have and I will be happy to assist you further. 

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork
5d6f2a9e
Community Member

Hi,
No offense but who are you - there was no name in the email response that
you sent.

I tried everything in search- didn’t work.
Thanks
Aviva
petra_r
Community Member

Aviva H wrote:
No offense but who are you - there was no name in the email response that
you sent.

You are posting on a public community forum. You may want to respond in the actual forum thread, rather than via email.

If you have a screenshot of the profile you can write the title in " " in the search. You could also use your browser history to find the page again.

b1afd2e3
Community Member

I have the exact same problem! Looking for a new similar site now as my entire startup is on hold because I cannot seem to be able to get help 😞
Latest Articles
Learning Paths