Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding specific freelancer on Upwork

bb80e28e
Jonathan W Member Since: Aug 18, 2017
1 of 16

Hello - 

I am new to Upwork and looking for a specific freelancer but cannot find her, and she cannot find me. Likely causes of this problem? 

Also - why is Upwork customer support so deeply hidden? This is quite frustrating. 

Thanks for any help, 

Jonathan

katrinabeaver
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
2 of 16

If the freelancer you're looking for is new, he/she profile may not have been approved yet. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
mtngigi
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
3 of 16

@Jonathan W wrote:

Hello - 

I am new to Upwork and looking for a specific freelancer but cannot find her, and she cannot find me. Likely causes of this problem? 

Also - why is Upwork customer support so deeply hidden? This is quite frustrating. 

Thanks for any help, 

Jonathan

As Katrina mentions, if your freelancer is a new profile, it has to go through an approval process.

As to the second question ... I don't know. It didn't used to be so buried, but, with a little perserverance, you can get there to open a ticket.

kochubei_valeria
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 16

Hi Jonathan.

If the freelancers profile hasn't been approved or is set to private, you won't be able to find it in search. If you are in contact with the freelancer, you can sent her a link to the job you posted or ask her to send her profile link to you. You'll be able to access it even if it was set to private.

~ Valeria
Untitled
bb80e28e
Jonathan W Member Since: Aug 18, 2017
5 of 16

Thanks, all, for the quick replies! I will try some of the ideas you have suggested. 

I really appreciate your help. Who needs customer support anyways? ;0)

Jonathan

toad78
Heather A Member Since: Sep 18, 2017
6 of 16

I'm not sure I can agree with this statement, but I would appreciate any feedback if I'm mistaken:

My profile has been approved and is set to be seen by anyone, and yet clients cannot find me.

Solution?

versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
7 of 16

@Heather A wrote:

clients cannot find me.

Can you be more specific? I was able to find you.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
toad78
8 of 16

Well that's interesting because I went into the 'Find Freelancer' textbox and attempted to find me and didn't see my profile come up. The same applies to a client that was just trying to find me. She took the same route and my name didn't come up in the search.

barada00
Community Guru
Baris A Member Since: Mar 15, 2017
9 of 16

@Heather A wrote:

Well that's interesting because I went into the 'Find Freelancer' textbox and attempted to find me and didn't see my profile come up. The same applies to a client that was just trying to find me. She took the same route and my name didn't come up in the search.

I searched Heather A between quotation marks. Attached image is the result:

screen.jpg

toad78
10 of 16

Okay. I figured out the method: you have to use the dropdown to use the specified search textboxes. I think this could be better built for newbies to 'see' it (use a different colored dropdown box or a button that would state there were more ways to refine the search.

Thank you for helping!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS