🐈
» Forums » Clients » Fixed Contract for Lead Generation Paying Per...
Page options
jkundert
Community Member

Fixed Contract for Lead Generation Paying Per Lead

I am very curious if anyone has done a project where they have paid out per lead generated vs paying per hour? I am curious if you were able to find contractors that were looking for this type of payment, or if it would just be harder to staff projects that were looking to pay this way. Let me know you thoughts and experiences if you have tried this.

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

Joshua:

There are many threads in the Forum that already discuss the topic of how to pay for lead generation, and how to use fixed-price contracts for that in particular.

I won't try to summarize these discussions, but they're worth a look.

I will point out that lead generation is an established concept, but paying per lead is not something that is directly supported by the Upwork user interface. Clients and freelancers who want to work in this area essentially need to figure out a way to make it work using a combination of the available Upwork payment and contract methods:

- hourly rate

- fixed-price contracts

- pay bonus tool

It is entirely possible by creating a fixed rate contract with each milestone (pre-funded) representing X number of leads, so if, for example, each lead is worth $ 50 then a first milestone of $ 500 for 10 leads could be set.

In general such job posts will not usually attract a high number of qualified applicants on Upwork, you're probably going to get endless applications from people with English as their umpteenth language.

Most professionals on this platform tend to expect to be paid by the hour for lead generation.

I agree that lead generation should not be on a per lead basis per a certain amount. If I may share, one contractor was telling me that some freelancers are working with him on a $0.20/lead???! This is ridiculous and unacceptable for professionals. Please...don't allow anyone to see our work and value as low as 0.20. Come on...
Latest Articles
Learning Paths