🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Fixed Price Payment Process
Page options
d0dac279
Community Member

Fixed Price Payment Process

After I finished a contract with a developer and he was paid for some milestones, he didn't get the rest of his money, they were not deposited yet, I searched for a way to pay him his money after the contract is ended but couldn't find any, so what I did is rehiring him for a new job with a fixed price (the amount he was needed) and deposit them then paid him, I think there is something wrong happened and I really need someone to help me, I don't want this to affect my reputation as a client or for the developer to say he didn't get all his money while he did. the image below is what still appears after the contract is finished.

3 REPLIES 3
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yazeed,

Thanks for reaching out. Please note that as a client you can fund part of the original budget into Escrow. It looks like that's what happened with the first contract - the budget was funded partially, so only part of the original budget was paid to the freelancer. That said, it looks like the second contract was used to fund and released the remaining amount.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Elance,,

Can I assume now all is fine and this will not affect any of the two points
mentioned at last in the post above?

Hi Yazeed,

Yes, you have funded the milestones and have released payments to the freelancer. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths