🐈
» Forums » Clients » Fixed-Price Protection For clients
Page options
71a8c615
Community Member

Fixed-Price Protection For clients

Hi all,

I have hired a freelancer with fixed price contract $3000. I have added full amount to milestone. He was going to deliver things on milestone date. Once the payment is in escrow, he stopped responding to me. I have chased him everywhere other than upwork messages and asking for updates. He started passing 14 days escrow with reply Coming soon to you ..... etc., after 3 days when I have not received any proper deliverable and response I found it suspicious and immediately cancelled the contract. All events happened within six days from starting and cancelling the project.

As soon as I cancelled the contact he contacted me and first told me, he has already sent the deliverable/some document to my email. Later he asked if I have not received anything, I can get the document by making the payment to him. I have not received any single document/deliverable either in my email or as in up-work attachment. Since case was clear and he was not looking reliable, I decided not to go ahead and started planning to hire other freelancer. He disputed the money and shared the deliverable with upwork team and asking payment. Up-work team has recommended for AAA. I am not sure which document/deliverable he has shared with up-work team asking $3000 for one document. 

As recommended by upwork, I have decided to go with AAA. Freelancer always asked me to hire him directly with upfront payment of $3000 and shared proposals outside upwork. To make it safer, I hired him through up-work with escrow payment available and never signed any contract outside up-work.

I want to know What guarantee does Up-work provide for clients regarding the fixed contract? I have gone through the upwork terms, and it has clear indication of supporting my case but I am not sure about it.

3 REPLIES 3
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Vijay,

I`m sorry to hear about the bad experience you had. To learn more about our protection for clients check out this guides: Escrow for Fixed-Price Jobs and Hourly Payment Protection.

When a freelancer submits a request for payment on your milestone you have 14 days to respond and approve the funds or request for changes. As part of a dispute you have the option to proceed with an Arbitration in case you can't find a solution during dispute assistance facilitated by our agent. If one of the parties involved does not agree to proceed with it, the funds will be returned to the party that has agreed to pay the Arbitration fee.

I also checked your account and I can see that you have an open ticket and our dispute team is assisting you. If you have any additional questions feel free to post them here but please keep in mind that we can discuss private details publicly in our Community. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Goran,

Thanks for your response.

Freelancer has submitted a request without any deliverable. I waited for three more days.Where there was no deliverable, I have cancelled the project. Now , amount is in escrow. My assumption was escrow amount is fully secured unless you receive any deliverable. Freelance has false claim about deliverable which can be verified by upwork team. Not a single deliverable for that milestone.

Initially he was asking upfront payment. After cancellation of the project, he shared one document with upwork team as a deliverable and asking $3000. I have a request to upwork team , would be grateful if there is way to expedite the my case. 

Hi Vijay,

I understand your frustration with this and our dispute agent will assist you further directly on your ticket.
Unfortunately we can`t expedite this, the freelancer also has a specific time frame to decide how they will proceed. If you have any specific questions about our process feel free to post them on your ticket and our agent will assist you as soon as possible. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths