🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Forgot Email and Password
Page options
tusheroht
Community Member

Forgot Password and Security Answer

hi,

i had forgot my original accounts password and security answer. so, i can't reseting password. now, how can i access my original account?

please help me.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
knwlzahid
Community Member

On the login page, choose the option reset password. see this link:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211067518-Change-Password. 

Kanwal

View solution in original post

305 REPLIES 305

@Harsh A wrote:
I forgot my password and security question of my original account.
When I click on reset password link the it asking security question. I also forgot my security answer.
I make request twise but didn't get any response.
I need to access that aacount.

Please help ,how to get my account back.

That sounds like a harsh incident, indeed. But I think that you followed all instructions given. Did you check your spam folder?  The reset email might be in there.

I forget my security question but now I have done many attempt due to this I can't access to my account..

Hi Muhammad,

Could you please try using the Forgot your security answer button?

~Andrea
Upwork

It's not working!!

Hi Muhammad,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your security question. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Harsh, 

We'll have support team get in touch with you to help resolve this issue. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi !

I'm Muhammad Nadeem i've created my account with email **Edited for Community Guidelines** but i forgot my password and security answer i need to recover this account.

Hi Muhammad,

Our team will reach out to you soon and assist you with resetting the account information you mentioned.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

hi! 

I forgot my answer to my security question linked to my account **Edited for Community Guidelines** log in

pls help! thank you

Hi Ellora, Upon checking there are two accounts linked under your name. Please advise which account you wish to retain as having duplicate accounts will lead to account suspension. Kindly check Upwork's ToS.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

Hi! Im trying to login to my original one which is **Edited for Community Guidelines**
I only created this new account yesterday under **Edited for Community Guidelines** since there is no way to ask for assistance without logging in.
Pls advise. Thank you

Ellora,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly and help with re-gaining access to your original account. Then they'll also help you with closing the new account you created.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hello,

I'm Akshay **Edited for community guidelines** I've created my account with email **Edited for community guidelines** but i forgot my password and security answer i need to recover this account.

Please help

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Akshay,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly and help with regaining access to your account. Then they'll also help you with closing the other account you created.

~ Bojan
Upwork
806aebc0
Community Member

I just changed my email and I ise google to log  in and can login successfully but when trying to access my settings it will not let me in with my password. After clearing my cache it still will not let me use the forgot password to change my password because it says my password is wrong. I get the email to reset it but when I try to reset it I get the message Upwork cannot locate the information needed to recover your password, Please try again

Hi Justin,

I've confirmed that your login issue has been resolved, but the support ticket you've raised is still open. Please allow our team time to review your onboarding task concerns, and you will get an update on the same ticket here once it is done.

~ Arjay
Upwork
ac39a000
Community Member

I forgot my password of my original  Upwork account and I can't  access the email address associated with the account, because my macbook where I had saved my private data have been lost.

I only know my username and the associated email address name itself though if that would help.

Please help, I need to get my account back and start working.

You need to to recover your email adress anyhow after recover that you can also able to recover your upwork account , Upwork security policy is too much strong so you can't doing anything without recover email.

I cannot recover my email adress.

Hi Xiaoyi,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with the email address associated with your main account? Looking forward to your response.

~ Arjay
Upwork
ac39a000
Community Member

Hello, please check your inbox.

Hi Xiaoyi,

I can confirm that I did receive your message and we truly appreciate you sharing your main account information. I have also shared this with the appropriate team and one of the members will be in touch via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket and coordinate with the team on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
ac39a000
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

There was no further response, what should I do next? Is there an estimate time of waiting? I'm already waiting 5 days for the response.

Best regards,

Xiaoyi

Hi Xiaoyi,

Thank you for your message. I checked the account linked to the shared email address and noticed that our support team has already reached you via a support ticket. You can view and respond to the support ticket from the notification sent to the same email address to communicate with our team. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

As I don't have access to the email address associated with my main Upwork account shared before, I hoped that someone will contact me on the new account here.

Thanks a lot.

Xiaoyi

Hi Xiaoyi,

Thank you for your following up on this and this additional information. I have submitted a follow-up to the team handling your case and you should be able to access your ticket on this page where you can coordinate with them to resolve the issue with your main account.

~ Arjay
Upwork
ac39a000
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

The support ticket page has moved! I don't know what happened.

Xiaoyi

屏幕截图_20221203_122314.png

Hi Xiaoyi,

Could you please try checking the email address associated with your Upwork account and see if you were able to receive the email sent by our team? You should be able to respond directly to the email. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
ac39a000
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

I cannot have access to the email address associated with my main Upwork account. Could you please contact me on this newly registered account?

Xiaoyi

Hello Xiaoyi,

Could you please send me the email address associated so at least our team knows which account it is?

~ AJ
Upwork

The longest time and days could possibly to wait is in on 7days waiting for the approval review on proposal projects . Clients well contact you if already approveds
f4e35622
Community Member

Hello, 

i used to be an elance client back in the days. i can remember my user name (heilee), but not my password or email i used at the time. is there a way i can reset my account or do i need to open a new one/use this one ? If there was a security question at the time, i might remember that one. (in terms of email i have also a few options, but it would be one that i don t use anymore)

Hi Joerg,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Could you please send me a private message with more information on your account so that I can check and assist you further?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

What I do this situation.
Please help me

Hi Sabbir,

Thanks for reaching out to us. If you have forgotten your password and security question, please fill in the account recovery form on this page. This will automatically create a support ticket, and one of our team members will assist you directly in resetting your password and security question.

In case you need further help, feel free to send me a private message with more information so that I can check and assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
vokaesik
Community Member

I have an issue with my 3 yrs old Upwork account (Agency profile) registered on corporate email.
I forgot the password and security question.
After taking the standart steps of "forgot the password" procedure I do not get any email.
I see the notification that the email was sent and that the link will expire in 4 hours.
But, during the past 3 days, I checked email several times for a message with a link to update the password and I see nothing that would be similar to an Upwork support email.
So how can you help me? What steps should I take to regain access to my freelance/agency profile?

Hi Alexandr,

Could you please send me a private message with the Upwork username or registered email address of the account in question so that I can check and assist you further?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Alexandr,

I also need a help in this regard? Can you?

Hi,

I gave two Email IDs when I opened my Upwork Account. However the primary ID which I gave expired and no more exist. Now Upwork has sent me a link through a mail in that expired ID to change the security question as I forgot it.  How can get this solved

Hi,

How can I send a mail to Upwork customer support?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths