🐈
» Forums » Clients » Fraud Freelancer
Page options
98bcef39
Community Member

Fraud Freelancer

This guy is totally a scam. He is sharing his account with some else and didn't work on the projects at all!

**Edited for community guidelines**

username:-**Edited for community guidelines**

password:**Edited for community guidelines**

22 REPLIES 22
JoanneP

Hi Heather, 

Could you please send me a PM with more information so I can check? You can PM me by clicking on my name. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
98bcef39
Community Member

You can leave him work on Upwork, but he'll get clients frustated by some other scam activities and will affect the brand of Upwork. I hope you check his account thoroghly and take releavant action. What matters is the morality of the freelancer, you know. 

Thank you for reporting this, Heather. If there's anything else I can assist you with, feel free to reach out to me via PM as well.

Additionally, I can suggest to check out our resources Here and learn more about how to utilize Upwork. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
lysis10
Community Member

Heather D wrote:

This guy is totally a scam. He is sharing his account with some else and didn't work on the projects at all!

**Edited for community guidelines**

username:-**Edited for community guidelines**

password:**Edited for community guidelines**

How did you get this freelancer's password?

98bcef39
Community Member

That guy shared it with someone else. Can't go further here for privacy. 

lysis10
Community Member

Heather D wrote:

That guy shared it with someone else. Can't go further here for privacy. 

So, he shared his password with someone else and then that someone else gave you the freelancer's password? Why would he do that?

98bcef39
Community Member

He took advantage of the other person to build his own profile by sharing the account info and letting the other guy work on his account. Eventually, both the client and the guy who worked on the account got scammed! Interesting things happen here on Upwork at times. Lol

lysis10
Community Member

Heather D wrote:

He took advantage of the other person to build his own profile by sharing the account info and letting the other guy work on his account. Eventually, both the client and the guy who worked on the account got scammed! Interesting things happen here on Upwork at times. Lol

oooh so he rented his account to someone and they scammed a client. Nice.

prantu
Community Member

As far as I understood, not "they". The actual owner of the account scammed both the temporarily hired freelancer and the client. This twist makes the story wilder. Nevertheless, nice.

"I'm silently judging your font choice."

98bcef39
Community Member

As far as I understood, not "they". The actual owner of the account scammed both the temporarily hired freelancer and the client. This twist makes the story wilder. Nevertheless, nice. ________________________ "I'm silently judging your font choice."

You got the point exactly. And he scammed Upwork as well.

a_lipsey
Community Member

Jennifer M wrote:

Heather D wrote:

But how does the OP know this information? What's her relationship to the freelancer, the sub-contractor or the client? That's what I want to know. 

But how does the OP know this information? What's her relationship to the freelancer, the sub-contractor or the client? That's what I want to know.
IF it wasn't the scammer, how can anyone know the credentials? I don't think Upwork is feasible for sneakers to get the credentials. 😉

The developer who was scammed is who I know with.

Heather, it was good of you to report this.

Upwork as a platform, and all of its users, benefit when people such as yourself report fraudulent activity.

Do you have any additional questions at this time?

lysis10
Community Member

Amanda L wrote:

Jennifer M wrote:

Heather D wrote:

This is one of the many mysteries. It's like a Nancy Drew novel, except those people were probably way smarter.

98bcef39
Community Member

Jennifer M wrote:
Amanda L wrote:
Jennifer M wrote:
Heather D wrote:

This is one of the many mysteries. It's like a Nancy Drew novel, except those people were probably way smarter.

You'd better consider the sequence rather than the cause. No matter what the process and the reason was, it turned out the freelancer  **Edited for Community Guidelines** has violated the Terms of Services of Upwork! 😉

Here's the fake profile link:  **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Heather D wrote:
Jennifer M wrote:
Amanda L wrote:
Jennifer M wrote:
Heather D wrote:

You'd better consider the sequence rather than the cause. No matter what the process and the reason was, it turned out the freelancer  **Edited for Community Guidelines** has violated the Terms of Services of Upwork! 😉

Here's the fake profile link:  **Edited for Community Guidelines**

So did your "friend". Your "friend" and the freelancer were in on the scam together. They both violated the TOS. 

Once you check these screenshots, things will be clear.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Heather,

Thank you for sending more information. I will go ahead and forward your report for the team to review and they will take appropriate action as per our processes.

~Andrea
Upwork
98bcef39
Community Member

The other guy who worked on **Edited for Community Guidelines** account with his email is my friend and I asked him for the screenshots. 😉 **Edited for Community Guidelines** account got closed by irregular activity, but somehow he contacted Upwork suport team to recover it by cheating them. Isn't it clear for you that he shared his account and email credentials? You can keep the scam grow on your platform, if you don't mind. 🙂 Anyway, **Edited for Community Guidelines** is so clever to cheat upwork support team. Lol

Heather D wrote:

The other guy who worked on **Edited for Community Guidelines** account with his email is my friend and I asked him for the screenshots. 😉 **Edited for Community Guidelines** account got closed by irregular activity, but somehow he contacted Upwork suport team to recover it by cheating them. Isn't it clear for you that he shared his account and email credentials? You can keep the scam grow on your platform, if you don't mind. 🙂 Anyway, **Edited for Community Guidelines** is so clever to cheat upwork support team. Lol

It's nice to see scammers backstab each other, lol. 

lysis10
Community Member

Heather D wrote:

Amazing! It's good to see you on the ball getting those proofs and things of that nature to uphold the integrity of upwork and scammers and things.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths