🐈
» Forums » Clients » Fraud, phishing, identity theft.
Page options
c_shires
Community Member

Fraud, phishing, identity theft.

You really need to fix the reporting feature of this website and service. It is ridiculous what we have to go through to be heard.

I'm not going to type everything I already did in another form.

Someone attempted to scam me. I'm attaching all the relevant information.

**Edited for community guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Cory,

Thank you for flagging this to us. I was able to gather information from your report and will escalate it to our team for further investigation.

Please check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs and do use the flag option found on each job post anytime you suspect.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
joansands
Community Member

Cory - Unfortunately, there are some scam posts on Upwork - and they go after new freelancers and their purpose is to steal money from you. All you have to do is go back to the job posting and flag it. It will be removed and you will get your connects back. I should also add that anytime someone wants to communicate with you on Google Hangouts, run for the hills.

Thank you for your response. It's been flagged. I appreciate you taking the
time to help me out.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Cory,

Thank you for flagging this to us. I was able to gather information from your report and will escalate it to our team for further investigation.

Please check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs and do use the flag option found on each job post anytime you suspect.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths