Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraudulent Freelancer Profiles

Highlighted
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
21 of 25

Living in Hawaii as I do, I'm literally offshore to every other place on earth, even though I have a US location.

Prashant P Member Since: Sep 29, 2015
22 of 25

$500 for an IT project is a bargain basement freelancer price.  Preston wouldn't even APPLY.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Prashant P Member Since: Sep 29, 2015
23 of 25

@Preston H wrote:

It makes me think of hiring people who live on oil rigs.

What would you do when they come home?  They usually follow 2 wks on 2 off schedule.

And what should we call those 'offshorean" people?

Highlighted
Philippe D Member Since: Jan 16, 2020
24 of 25

I do not know if this can be a reply to your query, but I already have been contacted twice via other platforms by people advertising a job offer: when I showed interest, I was asked whether I knew about Upwork. Next, I was offered money if I let those people use my profile for doing their own activities.

I turned down both offers, of course, as the principle of someone using my name is at the least dodgy and legally risky. But this might explain some strange things happening...

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
25 of 25

Philippe D wrote:

I do not know if this can be a reply to your query, but I already have been contacted twice via other platforms by people advertising a job offer: when I showed interest, I was asked whether I knew about Upwork. Next, I was offered money if I let those people use my profile for doing their own activities.

I turned down both offers, of course, as the principle of someone using my name is at the least dodgy and legally risky. But this might explain some strange things happening...

Lol!  Nothing more dodgy than using a portrait by Géricault as your own profile picture! (Upwork doesn't really like that.) You should read the ToS before talking about "principles" and other  "legally risky" practices.  

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS