🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Fraudulent billing
Page options
dc0f2507
Community Member

Fraudulent billing

You sent me an email stating I had agreed to pay a writer $2000. That is grossly untrue. I agreed to pay **Edited for Community Guidelines** a$25 deposit for a $50 job. How could you have gotten something so simple so wrong ?

I need to have you correct this mistake now or I will be forced to cancel my work with you and notify Visa of any unauthorized charges against my account

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

@Mike K wrote:
You sent me an email stating I had agreed to pay a writer $2000. That is grossly untrue. I agreed to pay **Edited for Community Guidelines** a$25 deposit for a $50 job. How could you have gotten something so simple so wrong ?

I need to have you correct this mistake now or I will be forced to cancel my work with you and notify Visa of any unauthorized charges against my account

You set up the contract....  it is all automated so whatever mistake was made....

Go to the contract and check what you set up.

Upwork does not set up contracts.

Freelancers don't set up contracts.

Only clients set up contracts.

dc0f2507
Community Member

Your response to me is totally unexceptible.

I did not set up a contract with anyone to pay them $2000. To imply otherwise is fraudulent.

I will now contact Visa and PayPal about your business practices.

Nice job

Do you even have a contract to pay someone $2000?

If you click on your Contracts list, is such a thing listed?

Or did you simply get confused by an email message that you did not understand?

There are only 4 possibilities here:

a) You received an email from Upwork which you misinterpreted, and you incorrectly understood it to mean that you have a contract to pay someone $2000.

b) You received an email from someone other than Upwork. Maybe it was spam. Maybe it was an ad. Maybe it was a scam. It does not really matter. You are. It obligated to pay someone money just because some random stranger sends you an email message.

c) You really did set up a contract on Upwork to pay someone $2000. Perhaps this was not your intent, but your unfamiliarity with the Upwork system led to you making a mistake.

d) Somebody who is not you has somehow been able to access your Upwork account and set up a contract for $2000.

These are the only 4 physical possibilities that explain your story.

The responses of the volunteer Upwork users who have responded in this thread are not unacceptable. We are simply trying to help you.

If you contact Visa and PayPal with your current story, they will simply think you are trying to scam them.

We are happy to help you, but you need to explain in more detail what you saw, and you need to check your Upwork contracts list.

Mike, you need to calm down and CHECK THE CONTRACT YOU SET UP!

Go to your Accounds, click on Jobs / All Contracts

all contracts.jpg

click on the contract.

What did you set up?

Don't do anything else until you have the answer to that question.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths