🐈
» Forums » Clients » Fraudulent credentials and work
Page options
915b8d14
Community Member

Fraudulent credentials and work

i hired someone and paid them in milestones for a city permit. they submitted the work, was paid, and supported me through city revisions. through the revisions, it became apparent they were not qualified as their profile stated. what recourse do i have with this legally if they are out of state? i've contacted upwork, and this person is still on their platform cheating other people. 

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "What recourse do i have with this legally if they are out of state?"

You would need to ask an attorney about that.

re: "I've contacted upwork, and this person is still on their platform cheating other people."

If you feel like a freelancer has presented himself fraudulently, then contacting Upwork is the right thing to do. If you have already submitted your report, then you are not obligated to do anything further.

Thank you for the service you have provided to the Upwork community by reporting this freelancer. You should understand that sometimes it takes time for these things to be investigated and acted upon.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alvin, 

I checked your ticket regarding your issue, and I'm sorry to learn your experience with this freelancer. I can see that the time to dispute the contract is over, but you still have the option to request for a refund from the freelancer. Hopefully this can be resolved amicably.

If you have further questions or need clarification on anything, you may update the same ticket thread so that the team handling your case can assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths