🐈
» Forums » Clients » Fraudulent freelancer accounts
Page options
9637f5db
Community Member

Fraudulent freelancer accounts

Hi! I have to report some fraudulent accounts of freelancers, I've faced recently. I've opened 2 vacancies recently and these freelancers applied for them.
They've sent me perfect code examples from Github. But one of them denied to accept the offer on Upwork, after I insisted on following the upwork rules: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

The second one: **Edited for Community Guidelines**. I've got him on a call. First, he refused to switch on the camera. Secondly, he should be from Ukraine, but he has a very strong asian accent. I speak multiple languages, I know it it 100% an asian guy, not the ukranian. After I insisted on scheduling a video call, he stopped the contract and wrote me, he was not interested any more. The worst thing about this second case is, he has several reviews from companies. Which, I suppose, are also fake. It seems, like people steel data from good developers and make accounts on Upwork with them.

I'm really disappointed, I've lost my time being a bloody detective here instead of having my projects tasks done with real developers. Can you do something about fake accounts?

2 REPLIES 2
ansarissab
Community Member

Hi Anna, it sounds really bad, Investing time to look for good freelancers out there is really hard sometimes and it really hurts when someone tries to deceive you. I can understand your problem but yes You may always block the sender as explained here, **Edited for Community Guidelines** You can also consult here.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

AndreaG

Hi Anna,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with these interviews. I have gathered the information you shared in your post and forwarded your report to the appropriate team for each case. They will review and take any necessary action as per our processes.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths