cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraudulent worker who scammed me

Highlighted
Brandon C Member Since: Feb 1, 2018
11 of 19

Thanks! Yeah, I have disputed the most recent week (I believe the funds from this past week are not available on her account yet), but she is lying in the dispute, editing her messages where she admitted she scammed us, saying she worked but we are the ones lying, etc, and Upwork hasn't responded at all yet.

I assume there's an extremely low chance that Upwork will do anything about the previous weeks, but I'm hoping that at least this past week (where funds have not been released yet) will be solvable.

--

In general, this freelancer is extremely tricky. For example, here is a screenshot where she edited her messages (notice that she also changed her profile picture to a different person!!!). Her original messages are the second screenshot.

After she edited messages:

**edited for Community Guidelines**

The original:

And here is what she is writing in the dispute.

Highlighted
Vasilii P Member Since: Jul 29, 2016
12 of 19

No problem. If you want to know more about how Upwork system work, check the guides. Also, if you need help further, you can ask me. I will help.

Highlighted
13 of 19

Anyways, thanks everyone for the replies and help! It sounds like there's not much I can do besides wait for the dispute.

I wish I could accept multiple solutions as you've all been super helpful, so thank you again.

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
14 of 19

Hi Brandon,

I'm sorry if there is a delay in responding to your message. I have made a follow up on your behalf, and the Customer Support Team has done the same. The Disputes team will get back to you once they reach your ticket on your queue. 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Felipe H Member Since: Sep 27, 2015
15 of 19

how is it possible that you didn't notice she wasn't doing any work for 5 weeks? 

Highlighted
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
16 of 19

Brandon, you stated that the freelancer logged time manually. In my experience, that's only possible if the client allows it. So somehow you did this, perhaps by accident. Anyway, the good news, at least, is that manually logged time is not guaranteed, so you can disapprove all work for last week. And after that, you should disallow all further work by the freelancer, but don't close the contract until you hear from Upwork support, because it might be more difficult to dispute the earnings for earlier weeks if you close the contract. Once everything is settled, then close the contract, and give the freelancer a negative review.

17 of 19

Thanks! How do I disapprove work? I disputed it, but I don't know what else to do.

It's been an entire week, and Upwork support has not responded at all! This is ridiculous.

Highlighted
18 of 19

Also, the fraudulent freelancer is now LAUGHING at me in the dispute. She sees that Upwork isn't responding, remarks that I'm losing money, and says "hehe"

Highlighted
Vasilii P Member Since: Jul 29, 2016
19 of 19

Hello Brandon!

Read these 2 topics, please: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211062158-Dispute-a-Freelancer-s-Hours
https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211062138-Upwork-Hourly-Protection-for-Clients
As I know, your contract isn't close. So, read these topics ASAP and do as needed.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS