🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Free Lancer pay
Page options
426ed49e
Community Member

Free Lancer pay

Hello,

I hired a hourly freelancer for $10 an hour for a maximun of 20 hours per week.  She worked 20 hours and was charged $200 for her hourly work then I was charged and additional $200 for "salary".  Can someone help me solve this?

Thank you,

Travis 

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Travis O wrote:

Hello,

I hired a hourly freelancer for $10 an hour for a maximun of 20 hours per week.  She worked 20 hours and was charged $200 for her hourly work then I was charged and additional $200 for "salary".  Can someone help me solve this?

When you set up the contract, you clicked on Advanced settings and then entered $ 200 in the field for weekly salary, and probably did not read the explanation that told you that it is a weekly payment in addition to any hourly payment.

You will have to end the contract and create a new one, this time without adding a weekly salary...

You can explain to the freelancer that you made a mistake and ask her if she would be so kind and refund the money for the salary back to you.

robin_hyman
Community Member

Travis O wrote:

Hello,

Thank you,

Travis 

Hey Travis,

Edited post:  I defer to Petra who knows more about this topic...

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Travis,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this request.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths