🐈
» Forums » Clients » Freelance Time location incorrect
Page options
47e2da54
Community Member

Freelance Time location incorrect

Hi 

Im from Australia, i have recently found local time beside a freelnacer profile are incorrect. This is important information when its time to hire to start the converstaion. No use hiring some at 3am while their in bed.

For example, (Refer to attachment, this freelancer is in india, between Australia & India is 4.5hr difference in time, but when you view the attachment, it shows hes 14hrs behind.

This is fustrating because i was sasking myself why isnt he responsding until i google searched his location to find out its 03.50am not 6.11pm 

Upwork needs to rectify this asap.

3 REPLIES 3
JoanneP

Hi Abdul Aziz,

Thanks for reaching out. Freelancers can set their timezone to reflect the accurate time in their location. Could you please share the profile link of the freelancers so I can check with the team? You can send it to me via PM.

~ Joanne
Upwork
47e2da54
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

I dont understand how they can set their own time zone location? if they are genuine & have been Pre-Qualified shouldnt Upwork autoamtically set the time zone?

He says he is in India, india is only 4.5hrs different from my country, currently its showing 14hrs different, why would he set a wrong time zone?

Ive seen this happen many time with freelancers, i have even caught out freelancers faking the country they are from 

Below is his profile Link 

https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/~015122702075e4f6a5/

Hi Abdul Aziz,

We do check to ensure the location reported by our users upon registration is accurate. If you see any inconsistency on their profile, you can report it directly to us so we could review it. you may use the flagging option available on every freelancer profile to report it to us.

Freelancers can update their location, but the freelancer may have not updated their timezone. There are legitimate reasons for temporarily having a different location (including a business trip, vacation, etc.). Once you flag this to us, our team will be notified and review the information you reported. Let us know if you have other questions or concerns. We're here to help. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths