🐈
» Forums » Clients » Freelancer Accidentally Requested Payment on ...
Page options
gamecraftsmen2
Community Member

Freelancer Accidentally Requested Payment on an Incomplete Milestone

Hey community, 

I was wondering if someone could help me with a small issue.  

One of my freelancer's wrapped up a milestone (for $40), emailed me the items to look over, and then started work on the next milestone.  (as I had detailed the full project to him in a previous email)

I saw the work he had done. It was perfect. He also had samples of the next milestone (for $60) to review (which hadn't been kicked in yet, on my end). 

SO... I released the first milestone for $40, with a "Great, package up the items and send them to me." And then I set up the next milestone for $60. 

Here's where things went slightly pear-shaped.  

He attached his files to the new milestone, and then seeing it was for $60, made a request for $40 on it. lol.  So now I have this wonky milestone, and I can't find a way to reject his offer and set the milestone back to $60. 

Given that there are some slight language barriers, and that I've already got a pile of feedback on his plate, I would rather just correct it and move forward.  (with a very brief, "I already paid you for that milestone" email)

But I can't seem to find a way to do that.

Can I reject this 'request for payment' and reset the milestone to its proper state?  Beyond that, how do I correct this?

Thanks!

-Jason

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
cylver1z
Community Member

Hello Nick,

You can set the payment when you accept the submitted work by your freelancer. Simply click the Approve and Pay button and then a small window will pop up. You can change the amount to be released by clicking the pencil button. Thanks!

Untitled

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
cylver1z
Community Member

Hello Nick,

You can set the payment when you accept the submitted work by your freelancer. Simply click the Approve and Pay button and then a small window will pop up. You can change the amount to be released by clicking the pencil button. Thanks!

Untitled
mtngigi
Community Member

You can also just give him the $40, and pay the balance as a bonus.

jr-translation
Community Member

I have 2 questione:
1. Why does Nick sign with Jason?

@Nick S wrote:

Thanks!

-Jason

2. Did the freelancer request a) $40 again for the first MS or b)$40 only for the second MS?

a) inform him that the first MS has been paid and wait with releasing the requested $40 from MS2 until MS2 has been deliverd and reviewed. You can then pay a $20 bonus.

b) Review the delivery and release the $40 and pay a $20 bonus.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths