cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freelancer Disappeared After Getting Upfront Payment

945531c8
samuel h Member Since: Oct 18, 2016
1 of 31

Hi im new with Upwork and have no experience for hiring people.

The story start when someone from recomended and rising talent upwork freelancer ask me to hire his friend.

My hired freelancer ask me to do Upfront payment and guide me how to do that, and she asked me not to bother her for a week so she can focus doing the project. Right now its already more than a week and now she disappeared and cant be contacted both Upwork chat and Skype.

My question is Upfront will refund my upfront payment on fixed price project?

versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
2 of 31

Was it a milestone that you already released? If so, there is not much you can do, but you need to report this person to the customer service.

You also need to close the contract and to leave an appropriate feedback.

And you really need to read the help section before starting to hire people. I mean really. 

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
945531c8
3 of 31

She guide me to release the milestone and released it.

I did cancel this project but now I need to wait her to confirm my refunds request. 

katrinabeaver
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
4 of 31

She asked you not to bother her for a week??? Wow!

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
945531c8
5 of 31

technically its not a week, its 5 days,

in chat she said "I don't like to disturb me
I will update about my working on next monday"

and now its tuesday on our times and she not even online

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
6 of 31

@samuel h wrote:

Hi im new with Upwork and have no experience for hiring people.

The story start when someone from recomended and rising talent upwork freelancer ask me to hire his friend.

My hired freelancer ask me to do Upfront payment and guide me how to do that, and she asked me not to bother her for a week so she can focus doing the project. Right now its already more than a week and now she disappeared and cant be contacted both Upwork chat and Skype.

My question is Upfront will refund my upfront payment on fixed price project?

How did you set up the "upfront payment"? 

945531c8
7 of 31

she guide me to create Milestones and release it

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
8 of 31

Hi Samuel,

I'm sorry about your experience with this freelancer. I see our team is already assisting you regarding this payment so please communicate with our agent directly through your open ticket.

Untitled
945531c8
9 of 31

I got 2 ticket and all the agent is not answering me? i need immidiate assistance for this because i have deadline on this project

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
10 of 31

Hi Samuel,

I see you had a chat with our Customer Support team yesterday and a ticket was created after your conversation. Our agent updated your ticket yesterday and again earlier today, and communicated with you on that open ticket. I see you initiated another chat with our team a few minutes ago and would like to ask you not to create any new requests since your case is being properly handled by our team. Please keep checking your open ticket for new updates since our team needs to review all the details and follow up with your freelancer.

It would be helpful if you were to share screenshots of your communication as it doesn't look like you communicated through Upwork Messages.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS