Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

Freelancer Feedback on Pay Increase

Highlighted
Active Member
Philip G Member Since: Jan 1, 2016
1 of 50

I increased the hourly payment for a freelancer and this “canceled” the contact. The freelance could provide feedback on me but I was unable to find any link to provide my (client) feedback.

I have searched the forum and all of the information seems dated (Odesk) without the correct links or info:

 

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Client-leaving-feedback/m-p/5603#M2109

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Is-this-a-glitch/m-p/114874/highlight/true#M58648

 

This feedback is import to the freelancer as it has been a significant job ($$$$)

 

Thanks for reading my question

Phil

Highlighted
Community Guru
Juvy Ann P Member Since: Oct 29, 2015
2 of 50

Hi Philip,

 

It appears to me that you may need to submit a support ticket as regards this matter.  I got the information from this link: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Feedback-disappeared-Really-upset/m-p/69389/highlight/tr...  I hope that this will be able to sort your issue.  Thanks.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
3 of 50

@Juvy Ann P wrote:

Hi Philip,

 

It appears to me that you may need to submit a support ticket as regards this matter.  I got the information from this link: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Feedback-disappeared-Really-upset/m-p/69389/highlight/tr...  I hope that this will be able to sort your issue.  Thanks.


Juvy,

 

The thread you posted was my thread and previous feedback from each pay increase is removed and the new feedback added. I never did have my question answered of why I had two jobs identical, pay increase from same client that were not merged.

 

I was told even though the previous feedback was not visible that it was still in the backend. I would really like for the pay increase and feedback to be shown from the job rather then the way they do it.

 

 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 50

Philip, how long ago did you affect the rate increase?

 

if it has been less than two weeks ago you should be able to give feedback by going to the actual ended contract.

 

click on Contracts, make sure the "include ended contracts" box is ticked, and find the contract. Click on it and leave feedback.

 

you could also go to Freelancers, then click on "past Hires" and see if you find the contract by clicking on your freelancer from there.

 

If it has been more than 2 weeks the freelancer would need to go to the contract from his side and enable you to change feedback which will actually then enable you to leave feedback.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Natacha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
5 of 50

Since you have a new contract with the freelancer (increasing hourly rate automatically creates a new contract) you will find the freelancer on your hired freelancers http://screencast.com/t/u8krMfeC - find your freelancer and click on contract history http://screencast.com/t/FZXHkHuY you will see the previous contract there with the option to give feedback (unless it’s been more than 14 days).

Highlighted
Active Member
Philip G Member Since: Jan 1, 2016
6 of 50

Thanks for the help – there was a semi-hidden extra stage of clicking on the contract ID number (contract ID #XXXXXXXX) on the contact history page. This was not very clear or obvious.

 

Thanks for the help

Phil

Highlighted
Community Guru
Natacha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
7 of 50

This has now changed, one of my client’s increased my rate, first thing I wanted to do was give feedback, but the option is not there.

 

CS:

I have received confirmation from our Engineers that a Client and a Freelancer moving forward, will no longer be able to provide feedback for Contract ID's that were ended due to a rate change, as technically, the Contract is not ended. Only when a Client or a Freelancer ends a contract (job if finished) will they be able to provide one, to assess the project accordingly.

 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Olga Q Member Since: Sep 5, 2012
8 of 50

@Natasha R wrote:

This has now changed, one of my client’s increased my rate, first thing I wanted to do was give feedback, but the option is not there.

 

CS:

I have received confirmation from our Engineers that a Client and a Freelancer moving forward, will no longer be able to provide feedback for Contract ID's that were ended due to a rate change, as technically, the Contract is not ended. Only when a Client or a Freelancer ends a contract (job if finished) will they be able to provide one, to assess the project accordingly.

 


 So hours worked with new rate will be added to initial contract?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Natacha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
9 of 50

@Olga Q wrote:

@Natasha R wrote:

This has now changed, one of my client’s increased my rate, first thing I wanted to do was give feedback, but the option is not there.

 

CS:

I have received confirmation from our Engineers that a Client and a Freelancer moving forward, will no longer be able to provide feedback for Contract ID's that were ended due to a rate change, as technically, the Contract is not ended. Only when a Client or a Freelancer ends a contract (job if finished) will they be able to provide one, to assess the project accordingly.

 


 So hours worked with new rate will be added to initial contract?


 

It will be good to get an official response. For one of my client’s I started working at $18 including fees, he then agreed to increase to $20 so I can actually earn $18, but this was done slowly first $19 then $20, my $18 contract disappeared from my public profile when he increased my rate to $20, it got merged with the $19 contract, and yes I see they added the hours.

 

Contracts don’t always get merged, I would like to know how this works. For another client I worked twice, but the contracts did not get merged, and I know they were already merging contracts when the second one ended.

 

CS:

Furthermore, once a contract is ended, the feedback provided by the Client on that contract, will be copied to the contract ended by rate change, that is, they will be "merged" so to speak.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
10 of 50
@Mods, have the rules changed again? (According to Natasha's CS answer.)

I would really like an answer to this, before I ask clients to leave feedback on contracts that have rate updates!!
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS