🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Freelancer - Leave Inappropriate Behavior...
Page options
viveks58
Community Member

Freelancer - Leave Inappropriate Behavior on my Proposal, why?

Hi,

I was looking for graphic designers and submitted one job post along with my requirement.

Few designers applied on the job post and I had explained to them my requirement via chat or zoom call. 

I also asked a few of them to provide one sample design so that I can pick the best designer as per my budget but 2 designers leave - "inappropriate behaviour" on my job proposal.

Designer 1 case - 

The designer has given me a sample image but somehow we did not agree on the price, so will this be count as - inappropriate behaviour" of mine. Still, I offered almost doubles the rate as what other designers agreed to do the work for my project, but just I can't give the rate the designer wants can't put me in the category of - "inappropriate behaviour" of Client.

When I cross-checked with a designer regarding the feedback submitted by her, The Designer said that she has not left any such feedback (so will it be automatically generated)

Designer 2 case -

We hardly did any communications but still designer has given "inappropriate behaviour", so will it be automatically generated message.

I have never involved in any such type of activity (Inapprorpritae behaviour, etc) with any freelancer so how freelancers can leave such type of feedback on my job proposal.

I really appreciate Upwork community members if they can address this issue ASAP.

Freelancers can't leave negative feedback just because if the Client doesn't have enough budget to pay the rate which Freelancers wanted. (Due to of frustration, if freelancer leaves such negative feedback on clients proposal, then it sounds very unpleasant to me.

I hope that Upwork community will look into this issue and come up with a better solution.

Upwork is one of the best platforms for both Freelancers and Clients but anything which is not acceptable cant happens here.

Regards

Vivek

5 REPLIES 5
abinadab-agbo
Community Member

Vivek S wrote:

Hi,

We hardly did any communications but still designer has given "inappropriate behaviour", so will it be automatically generated message.

"Hardly any communication" is not the same thing as no communication. If your only communication was to ask for free work, then that is at least some communication.

To be clear, you are not allowed to ask for free work, even as a test on Upwork.

You have violated the Upwork ToS and should apologise to those freelancers for insulting them with your request for free work.

Before posting another job, please read the ToS again, paying special attention to the Prohibited Site Uses which you have been in wanton violation of.

richardrader
Community Member

Hey Vivek

When you are asking for samples are you asking them to work on a design before the contract is started? Or are you simply asking for samples of their work in the past. The latter is fine, but if you are asking them to work on new samples for your project before a contract has started, then I would understand why they put "innapropriate behavior" as the option.

As long as you are working within the terms and conditions of UpWork, whatever reason the Freelancer puts will have no effect. 

Richard R wrote:

Hey Vivek

When you are asking for samples are you asking them to work on a design before the contract is started? Or are you simply asking for samples of their work in the past. The latter is fine, but if you are asking them to work on new samples for your project before a contract has started, then I would understand why they put "innapropriate behavior" as the option.

As long as you are working within the terms and conditions of UpWork, whatever reason the Freelancer puts will have no effect. 

I am of the belief Upwork monitors Proposal Decline reasons, at least algorithmically. Multiple "inappropriate behaviour" flags on a client might reduce the likelihood of thin-skinned freelancers being recommended to such client.

abinadab-agbo
Community Member

It's also pretty telling how most clients never seek to reach agreement on price before asking for free work. So you ask for free work first, then if it's ok you try and see if you can actually afford the freelancer.

Then if you can't you'd have wasted their time and gotten free work.

That guy who flagged you deserves an Upwork Hero mug.

tta192
Community Member

It is not clear from your description if you only talked with the freelancers and they flagged your job post, or if you also created a contract and that they rejected and marked as "inappropriate". If the freelancers rejected an offer you have sent it means you did not clarify the price with them before creating the contract. If you and the freelancer agreed on a specific price and then you sent an offer with a different price then the freelancer will qualify that as inappropriate.

So, if the freelancer bids 10 and your budget is 5 you do not send an offer with 5. You ask the freelancer first if he's ok with your budged and wait for an answer. You only create the contract if the answer is "yes".

Latest Articles
Learning Paths